Revs dropping

Home Forums Performance General Revs dropping

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

Issues with the revs going up and down are often symptom of the evap\purge system

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

This definitely seems like an air leak to me. Un metred air getting into the engine, causing the error code you’ve found. A faulty O2 sensor on its own wouldn’t cause that IMO

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

AG Motorsport  didn’t know what’s wrong after running a diagnostic and cleared the codes. The revs haven’t dropped although I feel the engine gets hotter than usual. It was up to 100 on the dial after a 15 mile drive. Usually will be about 75/80.

The next day I went to pull out on to a roundabout along the bypass and as I accelerated not too harshly but enough to get out quick,  the car felt as if I slammed the brakes and launched me forward then picked up again.  I tried again along the bypass same thing. Got home then was going to see my mate then before I got to the end of my street the car died.  It was only the oil and battery light on. It would start up straight away, waited a minute then it started fine.

I’ve noticed the A/C makes the car act different now, before clearing the code it would raise the revs on idle,  now it makes the car have rough idle.

If i drive around at 30mph and like a granny then it’s fine.

So going to have to book it in to Arnold Clark Ford and hopefully they do proper tests to find the issue. I’ve seen on few forums it’s not RS specific but across various fords. I’ve started logging every drive now although I probably should have done this prior to the codes being cleared but I didn’t know he was going to do that.

Daniel
    Participant

Poland

Hey Lucky!

Have you solved the issue? Got exactly the same with mine and noone is able to tell what is going on.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@daniel

It stopped doing it on its own..  very strange.

A month after it had stopped I got the before and after cat O2 sensors replaced. As this could be a potential issue.

How long has yours been going on for?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

What error codes are you getting?

Daniel
    Participant

Poland

No errors at all, that’s the issue.

It’s the issue since one month… I have deCAT.

Also I’ll tell my mechanics to check O2 sensors as you mentioned plus maybe MAF sensor?

Daniel
    Participant

Poland

Also, not sure if you had the sime, mine issue is not repating itself 24/7 it’s 50/50 if it will happen or not.

Usually after short drive and ON/OFF car

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Mine wasn’t doing it all the time.  The worst day the revs drops so much the car stopped and wouldn’t turn on again.

I also done a smoke test to check for any leaks. Mine was fine.

It’s annoying because there no answer online any where.  It’s not RS related either it’s Ford. ST and normal fords have had the issue too from what I’ve read online.

Even though it’s been about 10 months since its happened. Its still in the back of my mind whether it could happen again so my next step is replacing the Evaporative purge valve and pipes and fuel filter. Getting them done in 2 weeks time as I’m getting new brakes.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

This is a list of things I read other people have tried on other forums. I’ll be honest u can’t remember what ones fixed the issue as everyone issue was slightly different

P2195
    O2 sensor signal biased / stuck lean (bank1 sensor 1)

O2 sensor before / after cat
    Fuel injector sensor
    Fuel injectors
    Fuel filter
    Fuel pump
    Fuel rail pressure sensor
    High pressure fuel pump
    High pressure / low pressure sensor
    Front oxygen sensor
    Evaporative purge valve
    Crank sensor

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Revs dropping. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!