Vacuum Pump Failure? `

Home Forums Performance General Vacuum Pump Failure? `

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

kozyoncars
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

I have recently been hunting down some misfiring issues on the Focus and seem to have cured them only to have developed a new fault.

The car is trying to cut out at lights now and again – idle will hunt up and down quite heavily. Usually it corrects itself but on the occasion it doesn’t, she will stall. Or occasionally the car will jerk/kangaroo under mid load.

No check engine lights – no codes stored – typical FOCUS RS MK3 thing it appears to never give you a code no matter what is wrong!

Behaviours prior to this. If i’m stopped at the lights say. Car is idling and i put my foot on the brake. The idle will fall roughly 300rpm making the car feel rough and stall. If i lift my foot the revs increase.

I am led to believe that very symptom could be caused by the vacuum pump failing or the line from the brake booster to the vacuum pump failing.

Would this also cause the car to stall/kangoroo ride?

There is an excessive ticking/clicking/clacking noise coming from that area. As the HPFP is right next to the Vacuum pump. It could be that. And given my symptoms it could be one or the other that is failing.

Has anyone had the same issues / symptoms and experienced the fix?

I fear the only way to fix this is again to just replace parts till i get rid of the issue. Ford seem unwilling to diagnose any issue that doesn’t have a fault code attached to it – seems simple engineering and mechanics has just died and given way to computers and a lack of common sense when it comes to dealing with garages these days. “oh if it doesn’t have a code we wouldn’t know what to do”. Arghgh.

Thanks as always.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Vacuum Pump Failure? `. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!