Would you have bought this if Ford had made it ?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Would you have bought this if Ford had made it ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

possibly 4 wheel drive 290+ bhp plus 5 doors

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

It might have been a challenge to the Yaris ………. maybe 🤔

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Bloody hell bob, your making my blood boil.

The Yaris is now £45k – £60k + add ons and selling fast. Imagine the kind of Fez you could get with that budget.

Yes, AWD, Yes 280bhp+, Yes bangs & pops, Yes drift mode, Yes CS seats – It should have been released in 2019/20!

Id rather 2 doors Bob but hey, if it has enough horses, the doors don’t matter.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3, it was one of 4 concept Fiesta RS submitted for approval, the launch date was for 2018. But for what ever reason Ford canned the Fiesta RS project. The price was rumoured to £32k/£35k at that time.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

M-Sport version, I think you could have ordered one, but the cost was astronomical. I don’t know if you can still order one !

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Oof Yes. That’ll do!.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Should buy a Clio V6 and still have £5k in the bank 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2, but it’s a Clio, 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Honorary Member

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-spottedykywt/rally-inspired-ford-fiesta-st-m-sport-for-sale/46402

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Hell yes, I even bought a private plate in readiness for a RS Fiesta.  (so I have FRS and RSF both with identical prefix…… also have YRG with same pre-fix, some old beat up Audi had  ‘ GRY)

You can’t knock the price of the Mk2 GRY, some people have ordered one because they think it’s worth it and better than other cars you can buy for 45K.  Under 60mph it’s still a plasticy Yaris like ya mum drives to the shops, with less features, tyre noise and a stereo you can’t hear.  For sure drive it like a DH and it’s bloody quick.  Though it’s not a homologation special anymore,  so only limited by how much emission tax Toyota wants to pay by not selling  sufficient leccy cars for the offset

We know Ford would have done a better all-round car because we have the Mk3 Focus RS……. innit.

Who’s next on the soap box? ….LOL

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

I looked at the Fiesta ST, it was missing something.

I would have gotten this if it was available here in the States.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@nicklulu, you would have to buy the Fiesta ST3 with the performance pack ok it’s no RS but very capable. Shame it is wasn’t available in the states🙁

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nick, I love my ST3 !!! its far more pointy and go kart feeling than the GR Yaris, the steering is like lazer sharp, compared to numb GR and the suspension feels sharper too. Plus full size spare wheel, better B&O music, sat nav, heated screen, gay heated seats and steering wheel, easy access in rear with 5 doors. and it was £8000 cheaper than the £35000 GR! But I do love the grip and extra 60bhp of the GR !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

No Bob I wouldn’t have bought it.Not enough horses although I like the looks of it. My next car will most likely be an auto as I now have arthritis in my left knee.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Would you have bought this if Ford had made it ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!