14 years good service out of Ford battery !!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat 14 years good service out of Ford battery !!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

shes finally gone. Mums little 2006 Fiesta 1.25 battery has given up the ghost in this cold snap. What great service !! Same battery from new. I wonder how long the RS battery will last?? 5 years? 7 years??

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Wow that’s done well. Is the car used daily? Doubt the RS battery will last that long.

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Do you know the OEM that built the battery Mike?. Arent most Exide on Fords?.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Its a bit like exhaust used to fail just after the first MOT, now they are serviceable for 8,9,10 years and batteries are the same.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bob, the car is hardly used ! I got it for her at 6 months old and 5000 miles and now its on 16000 miles, she does a 3 mile round trip once a week to Sainsburys, and a 2 mile round trip into Richmond for a shop and coffee. So its  not had a lot of long runs ! I put the ctek on it last week as it went a bit sluggish, but today its deceased.

Dave I will have a look tomorrow when I put a new battery on it to see if there is any makers I.D on it. Maybe these calcium batteries last longer eh??

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

And you’ll get a tenner scrap ?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Brilliant @bda that’s very good service from a battery, I always think after five years well that’s done well. ??

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I won’t show you the inside of the tailpipe, its the original exhaust and there is absolutely zero black carbon or anything, its still just clean metal, really strange !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

No lead footed driving ha ha ha

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ha ha, well, mums 90 so she does pootle a bit  Bob !  must say I do give it a blast if I take her to her sisters round the m25 and down the a3 in it for a run, it sits at 90 just lovely ! blows all the cobwebs out and decokes it.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Freddie19
    Participant

UK - England

Std batteries well gone but I’ve still got the original Ford exhaust on my 2001 Mk5 Fiesta Freestyle.

Not bad……. 19 years on the original factory exhaust……. I did change the rear box for a stainless Peco boxer last year for a bit more drama,ha,ha,ha!?

Nothing wrong with the original box though, still got it in the garage!

Who said old Ford’s don’t last.?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Show us your PECO Freddie !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Freddie19
    Participant

UK - England

Ha,ha,ha………nice one

71-bda.???

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 14 years good service out of Ford battery !!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!