2020 – New Years Resolutions, are you bothering with any then?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat 2020 – New Years Resolutions, are you bothering with any then?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Well Guy’s, in the past, I’ve generally not been one for these kind of resolutions, I’ve tended to think, ‘Well if something needs sorting, or, if there is something I want to get done, then why wait for the new year to poke me in to action’, life’s too short right?, seize the day and all that!

I am going to be brutally honest here, but as I begin the approach to 50, I might just be beginning to embrace the idea of a kick up the arse via a New Years Resolution.

I am currently reflecting on 2019 with the help of a tot of my favourite Glefiddich, (good stuff this, thanks Father Christmas!), it’s not been a bad year at all really, I think my healths ok, I mean, I haven’t seen a cross section of my arteries, but I’ve got my fingers crossed I am good!, that said, I’ve just started going out on my push bike a bit, as I’ve noticed I’ve put half a stone on since the end of the summer, not muscle either, flaming going on my gut int it, if I whack another half a stone on there I won’t be able to see where I am aiming, if you get me!

Aside from putting on weight, I am guilty of not driving the RS enough!

Oct 2018, we added another vehicle to the drive, this was great, it meant that I could avoid the winter salt, the cruddy filth and potholes that’s on the single carriageway country lanes that I frequent on a daily commute. Long story short, the second vehicle has done a good job, to the point I am not driving the Edition any where enough, probably only around 1700 miles this year gone, this wasn’t the plan when I first got the RS, she wasn’t supposed to become a ‘Garage Queen’, I love seeing her gleaming, but she’s living on a CTek for too much of the time, funny how things turn out!

To summarise then – in 2020, I need to get the RS out more, and get the damned thing used, also, get shut of some belly fat, stitch in time so to speak!

So then, you guys got any goals set for the new year, a few Mods maybe, perhaps a Road Trip or a few Track Days?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

When I look back at a few nice cars I have had I get the exact same feeling. Tried to keep them clean and safe in a garage rather than enjoying what I bought them for – driving!

Go enjoy it 🙂

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Overrev ?

I have a few….

Fit all mods to RS, other than building an even bigger pile in garage…

Get out even more in the RS.. (Ireland trip and Scotland trip)

Tackle the rust… found even more!

Take the belly…

Get to August 2020 without a drink… Once I’ve hit the 2 year mark, get absolutely mortal! (will power and control truly tested)

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

No new year’s resolution for me. Just try and enjoy life and if possible and whenever help someone ?

Honorary Member

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 2020 – New Years Resolutions, are you bothering with any then?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!