3 days and counting

Home Forums General Newbie 3 days and counting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Hi folks,

Soon to be owner of a ex-Ford demo RS, picking up this Friday. Trust Ford Castleford here I come! Train booked from Newcastle to Leeds.

Feel like a kid at Christmas, and I’m 50! After years of fast(ish) VAG cars, I’ve decided to get back to basics and enjoy my driving, despite the jibes in my office I’m hoping I’ve made the right decision. What do all them Audi and BMW drivers know eh?

Took a test drive and within 5 mins I was blown away, just what I was after. I’ve read, probably too much, about the steering issues, perceived lack of quality with the seats, shell seats being too high, etc etc but if the car dives as well as I remember I can forgive lots of things.

March 17 car with every option selected, nitros blue and only has 75 miles on the clock, so they couldn’t of had many demo drives then.

Happy days!

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

Congratulations, if your anything like me you won’t sleep the night before and turn up at the dealers shattered, but the minute you get behind the wheel your suddenly wide awake.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Congratulations you will not be disappointed, oh, and you will be grinning for days. When it arrives don’t forget to take lots of pics. Enjoy the day and happy RS’ing

Honorary Member

Michaelj
    Participant

UK - England

Congratulations it’s a great car it will make you smile everyday.  Every time I drive mine it me smile I look forward to driving it.

Michaelj
    Participant

UK - England

Congratulations it’s a great car it will make you smile everyday.  Every time I drive mine it makes me smile I look forward to driving it.

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks fellas, yep photos will be taken 🙂

Steve Young
    Participant

UK - England

Picking my Magnetic RS up next Friday every option other than shell seats, can’t wait I’ve not been sleeping properly since I was told it’s in the country and I’m 56

I ordered the car 29th May, built 21st June picking up 14th July not bad service from Ford eh?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Congratulations Steve, the wait will be worth it. Enjoy the day take lots of pics and happy RS’ing

Honorary Member

Steve Young
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Cheers Bobcat</p>

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

It’s an RS……you’ll love it!  I’ve just been on holiday for 2 weeks and couldn’t wait to drive/see mine again. Even a drive to the local shop is an epic one! Hello, welcome, and enjoy.

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Ps, your car, depending upon age, may have the slightly lower seat frames….if not, you can buy aftermarket lower frame/s. I too was ready for the office jibes, previously drove an E class Merc. I have had nothing but admiration for the RS from my co-workers….and of course the odd ‘mid-life crisis’, ‘boy racer’ jibe ?

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Steve – just picked up a Nitrous with the same spec as yours – had it 10 days and just look for an excuse to take it out for a spin its that damn good!

Mine went in last night for ceramic coating and I’m missing it already and counting the hours until it comes back.  You’ll love it no matter what age you are!

Steve Young
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>rs-jon- got mine booked in for Autowatch Ghost as soon as I pick it up and G-technic crystal serum coating 2 weeks later so will not have the car for a week, glad your loving your’s pal</p>

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Ghost – has to be first on the list (I got the dashcam done at the same time)

I also added a disklok to the security to be on the safe side.

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the messages fellas. Well, after a week I’m absolutely blown away by this car (and I’ve owned lots over the last 32 years).

Couldn’t care less about silly comments from the ill informed, the car is a blast to drive and that’s exactly what I wanted.

Looking forward to the next few years (and maybe more) of RS ownership.

Just a quick snap on my phone when I picked the car up. A very happy bunny.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 3 days and counting. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!