570bhp focus RS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Absolutely gutted to post this but I am thinking of selling my car but I am unsure of how much it’s worth. Here is a brief description of what’s been done to the car as it would take to long to type everything.

2016 mk3 Focus RS running 570bhp
    Mileage: 18,000

Devil Development’s built 3000 miles ago and must have around £30000 in invoices.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

It’s a small market that your advertising to however it’s a market that has knowledge of costs etc, seen a few in the mid 40’s but no idea if they sold for that but what I would say is all depends how quick you want the sale. Personally I’d look at what value a 18k millage car worth. Then maybe 50 % discount on the upgrade cost? Start high personally.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry to hear your selling on

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

kaxe
    Participant

UK - England

what! 🙁

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Retract the above post, myself and the car had a lover’s tiff yesterday but I’ve calmed down now. The car is back at Devil Development’s just now as it’s burning oil and the catch cans are filling up. I got told it needs a new turbo and the breather system has failed, the turbo has only covered 3,000 miles so I was pretty pissed about it. The only logical reason can be that it’s had a hard life before getting sorted by Devil’s or it’s been a poorly built turbo.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Oh christ Brian , so who supplied the turbo?

Also when they say breather has failed what do they mean by that ??

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I bought the turbo from devils back in January 2021, fitted it myself and it over-boosted. Sent the car to devils to get it sorted and it over-boosted with them several times before they got to the bottom of the problem. They are putting the blue smoke from the exhaust and the catch can filling up down to the turbo failing and there changing the breather system back to stock as they prefer using that instead of the catch can system. Also there giving me a new turbo at a discounted price due to it failing so quickly. They have said they haven’t seen an NX2 turbo fail like this and especially as quickly as it has.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

You haven’t had much luck , hopefully they are  kind on the labour charges

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I definitely have not. Hopefully have it sorted soon and fingers crossed I can rack up  a lot of  trouble free miles.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

So unlucky to get your issues. Should all get sorted and the love will return 👌

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian C

what catch can setup and breather plate do you have

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

How’s this going ? New turbo on and setup ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Still at Devil’s, should be starting to work on it this week. Once the turbo is fitted and it’s running ok I’ll see about more upgrades.

@PerryWhittle I used the airtec breather system and breather plate.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Any more news ?

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Suppose to be getting worked on earlier in the week, but looking at the tracker it ain’t moved.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 570bhp focus RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!