Alloy refurb and new tyres

Home Forums Styling Wheels Alloy refurb and new tyres

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ergo
    Participant

UK - England

Finally got round to having RoScoe’s wheels refurbed as needed a new set of tyres and made sense to have them done together.

After much deliberation went for Satin Black again as I think it really suits the MG.

That’s it for cosmetic mods this year as had struts fitted when he was serviced last month and also bought MattB’s engine cover πŸ€‘

All set for our trip to Scotland in 6 weeks πŸ‘

MG no mods but flaps and a lovely new RS knob

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Those wheels do look good I would imagine they look better in the flesh πŸ‘

Honorary Member

kaxe
    Participant

UK - England

Nice! πŸ™‚

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Looks great. I think every owner will need them doing.

440bhp

443lbft

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

You are spot on there Matt. Mine will be going in to get done at some point in the near future.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Look great, also need to do my wheels as like most they are bubbling in multiple places despite regular cleaning.

Won’t we all experience the same issues in three to five years again though?

Do I recall that someone on here powder coated them to prevent this returning again?

Ergo
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks all πŸ‘

Really pleased with the finish which is powder coated πŸ˜‰ Not sure if the same thing will happen in the future but it was a darn sight cheaper than new wheels πŸ€‘

Also, forgot to mention the new McGard black wheel nuts which were a really good price on Spamazon and recently recommended on another thread.

Having said that’s it for the year, it was suggested that an under body seal would be a good idea when serviced last month if the car is a keeper…….which he certainly is πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Standard wheel finish is poor to say the least on forged alloys. All mine are bubbling, warranty runs out sept.

Last service local ford main dealer said yeah to replacementΒ  of 2 of the wheels (only 2 where bubbling then).

Then after service there was a complete management change, 2 months after service I rang um and they said ” oh yeah we had 2 wheels come in, but sent them back as your car was out of warranty ” to which I said no it has 5yr extended warranty “oh we didn’t realise that” ffs.

Now they are saying they can’t look at them cos they are not an authorised paint dept, again ffs.

Got to go 35miles up the rd to a ford authorised paint dept for them to assess them.

So basically it has ford warranty,Β  but for certain bits on the car they can say ” oh you need to take it to xxxx” as that’s the only dealer in the world who can assess it, what a joke.

Ergo
    Participant

UK - England

The only other trouble we’ve had with alloys was in 2006 with a 2 year old Mazda MX8 that went in for a standard service and got referred for a full wheel replacement due to poor finishing and corrosion on a recall.

All done under warranty but still had the inconvenience of not having a car for a few days. So I think the quality issue has been rumbling around for some time. That was the first mid life crisis car……….although a lot less practical than the RS 😁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Alloy refurb and new tyres. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!