Almost there!

Home Forums General Newbie Almost there!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

chimp400
    Participant

UK - Wales

I nearly bought one last year but decided to go for an Elise instead but am not really bonding with it and have realised its probably better to get something more usable.

It will be mostly a weekend car but will be used through the week now and again.

I know its the wrong place to ask really but ive narrowed it down to either the Focus or an M2 OG.

Anyone own or owned an M2?

Im leaning toward the Focus as the M tax on the M2 cars can be hideous, insurance, tyres, brakes etc.

Talk me out of it!

Thanks all.

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Probably the wrong forum mate. Must admit, if or when I’m ready for a change, I’d definitely consider an M2.

One of the few decent cars you can buy with a manual. No flappy paddles here 🙂

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

You clearly want a great drivers car, either will do for that.

If its highish miles, I would go M2 (Ive never driven one, ive only driven M140’s).

If you want a potential money maker and its low miles, go for the RS. I’d say the R.S. is more exclusive – you are more likely to get people taking interest in the R.S. wherever you go.

enjoy, either way.

chimp400
    Participant

UK - Wales

At the moment I think the RS is the winner, as a point to point car in all conditions I think it’s better.

Just thought I’d ask here as there isn’t much love for the RS elsewhere tbh.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

M2 is a very good car but new price is twice that of what the RS was and it’s not twice the car in performance.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

On this cover shot the RS is in front so must be better… 🤣 M2 would have to be the competition model, no question to even be considered against the RS… and then it’s still the RS! Now the new M2 Comp 👌🏻 or the M2 Manhart MH2 560 ❤️ but then we are getting silly money

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Almost there!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!