Aloha from Paradise

Home Forums General Newbie Aloha from Paradise

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

blkcat
    Participant

USA

Hey folks. New RS owner in the states (currently in hawaii, moving to Texas soon). Just picked this one up this weekend. I fell in love with the RS as soon as I heard it was coming to the US. It took me a while to get one as I was driving a 2012 Evo X, and the wife would NOT let me sell it. But I won eventually and sold the evo.. I know, I know. Shut up. I love my RS. If you want an 2012 Evo X GSR I know where to find one. 😛

Would love to meet any other RS owners on the island as there are very few of these here. Hit me up.

Anywho, here she is. She has a sun roof. 😀

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Looking very nice, I would imagine you would need a sunroof in Hawaii.

I have one on my RS, pretty pointless for the UK climate.

Welcome!

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Welcome

Fully forged running M400x

blkcat
    Participant

USA

Yea unfortunately its been raining like crazy the past few days so Ive been hesitant to take it out.

I will say I’m surprised to see how popular this car is outside the US. Call it ignorance. Just surprised.

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

The Ford RS brand is big in Europe.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

A warm welcome to the forum and enjoy your RS.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome enjoy and happy RS’ing

Honorary Member

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome mate, car looks good.

blkcat
    Participant

USA

Thanks for the warm welcome.

My only complaint is the paper sony speakers inside. Definitely going to have to replace them. And I kind of wish it had mud flaps stock.

v8marchal, thanks. Assuming you have the stealth grey too. Its beautiful. Its truly the most impressive car Ive sat in, let alone owned.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@blkcat, the Mk3 Focus mud flaps fit perfectly on the the RS part No F1798977

Photograph

The speakers can be up graded by the dealership under warranty

Details are:
    3824 – Focus ST/RS poor sound distribution/quiet sound from rear speakers
    If a customer complains that the soud is coming mainly from front speakers and the rear speakers are too quiet, be informed that an improved Audio Control Module software is now released. Note that this update affects Sony Premium Audio System on ST/RS only. Please use SBD for guided diagnostic. Please choose the following symptom. Customer comfort and entertainment -> Audio -> Soundoutput -> speakers -> Poor quality/distorted sound from one or more speakers (not all).

Honorary Member

eagle
    Participant

UK - England

(bobcat says)

@blkcat
    , the Ford Focus MK3 rear mudflaps fit perfectly part No F1798977

The rear speakers can be upgraded under warranty

Details are:
    3824 – Focus ST/RS poor sound distribution/quiet sound from rear speakers
    If a customer complains that the soud is coming mainly from front speakers and the rear speakers are too quiet, be informed that an improved Audio Control Module software is now released. Note that this update affects Sony Premium Audio System on ST/RS only. Please use SBD for guided diagnostic. Please choose the following symptom. Customer comfort and entertainment -> Audio -> Soundoutput -> speakers -> Poor quality/distorted sound from one or more speakers (not all).

blkcat
    Participant

USA

@eagle, good stuff man. Thanks for the input. Those mudflaps look really nice. Im kind of disappointed in the sony sound package. I expected more. But its not a game changer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Aloha from Paradise. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!