Anyone else has this weird alarm issue?

Home Forums Technology Security Anyone else has this weird alarm issue?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Alex Knight
    Participant

UK - England

@71-dba, I had the key fob on me, maybe I didn’t lock it, (normally very careful about that sort of thing though?) anyway at work I went out and tried it and was fine, probably just me again ?

RSOldie
    Participant

UK - England

My alarm went off yesterday. Key fob in pocket. It was dark so I just pressed any button on the fob and siren stopped. Mind thinking, oh no, car battery must be depleted or something.  Pressed button and car started. Weird.

muganga
    Participant

UK - England

I had this today. It could be that I had left the car unlocked, but it’s not my normal practice. Walked up to the car and opened the door, with my keyfob in my pocket. Off went the alarm. I did manage to reset it after about 15 seconds with multiple presses of lock and unlock. I think, when the neighbours are away, I might try leaving the car unlocked and see if that is the cause.

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

I used to get this quite reqular when using keyless entry, I’d touch the door handle & the car would unlock , pull the door open straight away & alarm would go off .

I found that if I wait for the mirrors to fully open then open the drivers door, no alarm,

it happend today as I went in to quickly & you hear a double click when mirrors opening , that’s when it always goes off.

I think the system is far to sensitive from factory , only got to touch mine with the slightest of touches and it unlocks then locks back to back if handle is held to long.

when I’m next at the dealers contemplating getting the keyless entry switched off, or if possible having sensitivity turned down ?

Never had any issues when just pressing the fob to unlock..

when alarm does sound a quick press on the open fob button all is quite?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

rs.le you have to be careful when opening that you only ‘pull’ the handle and dont keep your thumb on the locking dimple at the same time, keep your thumb away !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Spot on bda, touching the dimple at the same time when you try opening the door, can sometimes put the central locking system out of sync hence why you have to go through the sequence of resting the central locking system when it plays up.

Honorary Member

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

I had this problem 2 weeks ago. Car went through the unlock cycle using the keyless entry, alarm off, wing mirrors unfolded, expect the drivers door and front passenger door didn’t unlock ??  I then tried the rear offside door and it opened no problem, then I tried the drivers door again an it unlocked an opened.

This happened again yesterday.

Also, same problem but the alarm was tripped.  Had to lock and unlock the car.

I was wondering of the battery in the keyfob is going flat.  Looks like there’s a few of us having similar issues all around the same time ??

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

@bobcat

I don’t even touch the dimple, just put my hand within an inch of dimple & on door handle & it opens ? Hypo sensitive, why ? I don’t know ?

I’ve had issues with the rear near side door not opening & window not working as stated in another post.

intermittent fault but been ok for a while now, I’m going to get it checked out when It finally goes in for the head gasket/head recall, when that is I don’t know been waiting since March (in a long cue) ?

Lee

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Anyone else has this weird alarm issue?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!