Audi R8 19 plate one coupe and one cabriolet

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Audi R8 19 plate one coupe and one cabriolet

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Guys just had a couple of days in North Yorkshire stopped at the Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge was featured as a top driving road. Stopping at the same B&B was a camera crew with I think an Audi A6 estate and two Audi R8’s both 19 plate one cabriolet and a coupe. They were up and down the road for two days roadside shots as both cars came past well above speed limit. However yesterday I came back from Whitby and dropped in behind both R8’s going for it so what did I do I attempted to shadow them, what I can say is I was well outgunned bearing in mind these must be the latest version of this car which I now read has over 600bhp. They appeared to handle much better than the RS and were more stable through the corners, when I read the figures I felt a little better. But they didn’t leave me just felt out of my depth, apparently there good for 200mph+ and 0-62mph is 3 seconds. Also didn’t like the feel of the winter tyres I have fitted at the moment they felt positively skittish at 9 degrees on dry roads but it was very windy. So the moral of the story is don’t rise to a challenge with an R8.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Especially on winter tyres Coast !! on proper tyres you would have taken the bends like a champ !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

Yes it surprised me a little never felt the RS feel less planted, well lesson learned, but those R8’s are f**kin fast and agile. But you can buy 4x RS’s for that price or even 2xHeritage models. Well that’s made me feel a little better.

Coastliner

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Good effort for giving it a go. The R8 is a beast though

Defoe18
    Participant

UK - England

Agree the R8 is a beast and as said a lot more money

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice report Coastliner, good man for have a moment of fun ?R8 is certainly a mean machine

Honorary Member

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

I wonder which car magazine was doing the testing?

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@rampant

I think the coupe was the latest 630bhp they were in the area three days never got the chance to speak with them. But take it from me those things handle.

Coastliner

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

Yup. They certainly do handle. Mid engine balance and poise. Almost as lovely as a Boxster, but faster in a straight line.

I’ve driven one a few years ago. It was the fastest I’ve ever been. In a car, anyway. 174mph.

Despite being a “good car” I was really disappointed by the parts bin switchgear. Precisely the same switched and stalks as a base TT.

Slàinte Mhath

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Audi R8 19 plate one coupe and one cabriolet. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!