Ban the muppets

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Ban the muppets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Like most, I am up for a bit of banter and open to alternative opinions, but lets face it – there are a few disruptive pricks in this forum.

Moderator (if you exist) – can you please clean this up, as it would make it substantially more useful/friendly to those of us adults who are able to have a discussion with people who have alternative opinions, without resorting to insults or threatening to meet up in person to fight about it.

Love the forum, but needs a little more control please.

Alternatively, please arrange a face to face meet up for all the aforementioned plebs, film it and put it on youtube for all to see.

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

Firstly you need to define what is acceptable banter and that which is not. For example, and quite common on this forum, snowflake banter such as “I’ve got a white car and it’s better than a blue car” LOL. “VW are crap cars” Smiley face. Or banter that I’m more used to (ex military) where one moment you are threatening to reach inside someone’s mouth, grab his testicles, and turn him inside out, and the next moment kissing his bald head and saying you want to have his babies! (alcohol involved somewhere here). Or is it something in-between?
    You need to name said “pricks” (a word I find quite offensive but I forgive you) and state what you find unacceptable. Whatever you decide I’ll support you all the way. LOL
    PS. Is this banter??

Every village needs an idiot.

smokingkills
    Participant

UK - England

Or have a section that delinquents can post in and stop ruining more serious threads.  There are a number of threads that these delinquents pop up in with the sole intention of disrupting things.

Moderators really do need to do something.

eagle
    Participant

UK - England

What have I done to be banned

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

No specific details should be needed. My intention was to begin a discussion with the ideal output being a clearly defined set of rules for the forum users to follow, with clear penalties for ignoring them (perhaps I could have expressed this with a more suitable thread title).

With no rules in place, no one has breached the ‘invisible’ boundaries of regulation. The result of which is a somewhat lackadaisical approach to moderation, leaving some threads substantially longer than necessary, full of total drivel – diluting the important and useful discussions within.

In my opinion, constant perversion of sensible and useful subjects is tedious and needs to be regulated.

adw
    Participant

UK - England

You’ll find this on almost every popular car forum though.  you just have to live with it and move on :,(

Ps they don’t call me Long John for no reason

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

Doesn’t happen on the focusrsoc forum, stupid posts would be deleted and idiots banned within an hour, but then they have moderators.

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

bumble-b…I find it hard to believe you find the word ‘pricks’ offensive after being used to Squaddie humour, didn’t think anything offended them ?….but yes, there should be moderator/s, this takes a lot of time and effort and is almost a full time job, could also have a ‘report’ button where the post is immediately removed, with the caption – this post has been removed awaiting moderation – on their post profile, until it has been moderated.

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Unless you were Navy or RAF, then I’d understand (banter).?

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

howsey2-0
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I agree. I’ll ban myself so nobody else has to suffer. I’m going to join netmums.com, I hear they have thicker skin over there.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

I try to keep moderation to a minimum at the end of the day it is embarrassing having to moderate adults talking about cars! I run this club as a sideline along with working full time and two other businesses but get on here any spare time I have. If anyone is willing to help moderate things please email me perhaps it is time to get some help and move these muppets out.

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

A bit of humour mixed with useful info is what makes this site worth being a member of. Some people need to lighten up a bit.

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

I’d like to put myself forward as a moderator for this forum please. I am extremely delicate, am easily offended and have absolutely no sense of humour whatsoever. I am also a non-smoking vegetarian and wear coudory trousers with sandles (and socks!!). I would come down heavily on any posting that didn’t contain at least one capital letter and one punctuation mark. Any post that didn’t end with an imoji or, at the least, “lol” or “init” would also be deemed unacceptable. My first action would be to ban myself. To quote Groucho Marx “I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
    Please let me down gently if I’m not acceptable. I’ve already had one big disappointment. I joined the “Bestiality is fun” forum to see if it really was fun. Well it wasn’t, and now my pet budgerigar is having trauma counseling.
    I await your reply in constipation (bloody auto-correction!). Keep smiling.

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

I second bumble-b.

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve decided to withdraw my application for forum moderator. I realised I do have a sense of humour after all which makes me totally unqualified for this most prestigious post. I am pleased to say my pet budgie seems to have recovered but still twitches uncontrollably when I say “who’s a pretty boy then!”. That’s it. Good luck with VS. I’ll watch the news for any mention of a mass demonstration at Ford Customer Service. I do hope it doesn’t rain cos nobody will turn up. LOL – See ya – Cue abuse!

ani

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ban the muppets. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!