Beefing up security ?

Home Forums Performance General Beefing up security ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

focursed
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all

have been reading about a lot of peoples pride and joy being stolen lately, my place is semi detached with a small driveway to side of house that leads to the garage, unfortunately on the other side of the fence I have a public foot path/ alley way when during winter is like the black hole of Calcutta no lighting what so ever near it (yes used as regular short cut ) so not only for me but to help others as well what sort of security have you in place protecting your RS ….

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

The simple answer without seeing or knowing your location is many layers of security. First of all garage car if possible, second lighting should anyone approach on your property, third camera even a ring door bell camera that will alert you, can be paired with Alexa to give you warnings. Many more as well secure garage door that cannot be easily bypassed, so many layers of security and of course ghost immobiliser on the car with keys for car locked away in a safe in a faraday pouch.

Coastliner

focursed
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Coastliner

have ghost immobiliser fitted and have also just fitted in front of motor one of them security bollards, Wi-Fi not the best did try with camera, don’t think that far from you at Oulton broad mate 😊

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Mine is in garage, up and over door with extra padlock(no cost as already had angle&padlock) at top on metal angle bolted to door&door frame at all times, if away from home door is also clamped on bottom of door with bracket (no cost as already had metal ect+ padlock)that bolts into threaded sleeve into concrete, drive to garage has 2no. Fixed bollards (£60ea)+ 1no. Bollard that drops down(£200, straight down type, lay down ones are not so secure) + steering wheel disc lock(£100). Plus another car parked in front of garage when we are there. When away from home always take keys / hide um up, which sometimes is a pain as when I get back I have before forgot where I hid them , a mate left his motor bikes at mine for 6 months and as normal I hid the keys up, when he wanted to pick um back up it took me weeks to find the fucking keys🤣

Security is generally something to deter the scum to pick on something Easyier and at worst slow um down.

Just put yourself in the scum mindset with what would deter them.

RSdriveRS
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Focursed, as Coastliner said multiple layers of security make it as hard as possible so scum bags look else where, i put in CCTV,security lights and beefed up house security as well, use a faraday box, disc lock and ghost, if its left outside you could use a wheel clamp as well, any thing to stop it been driven away

Pauly Paul
    Participant

You can’t in my eyes be over protective,  garaged , 4 pin lock , full steering lock , faraday pouches, and 3 wheels clamped , I know if they want they will , but I ain’t making it easy no f,,,ing way .

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

I agree you can never have too mcuh security nowadays

Woudl highly recommend a Ghost: https://mk3focusrs.club/product/autowatch-ghost-canbus-immobiliser/

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I think these have been said above but to list out….

• Ghost
    • Disk lock
    • Faraday pouch (plus spare key)
    • OBD protection
    • Tracker
    • Pull fuses
    • Garaged
    • Security lighting/cameras
    • House security too such as anti-snap locks, lock windows, house alarm (high percentage of cars stolen from house break ins and the keys are on the sideboard)

To be honest I don’t think these 100% stop a determined thief but the more you have, the more likely you are to keep your pride and joy.

Police also told me to put car away when not in use (I have a garage) as potential thieves patrol around to spot targets then come back later. I actually got followed home recently (I think). I drove past my house and around the block a few times. I lost them and found them again on a corner stopped presumably looking for me.

Christ, I sound paranoid 🤣 but I do sleep at night!

NB FPM375

Pauly Paul
    Participant

All of the above brilliant advice , could also remove fuel pump fuse to stop car starting, just make it impossible for these scum of the earth to get there grubby little fingers on our pride and joys , take care all keep yourself and RSs safe . 🙏🏻🙏🏻👍👍

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I had a cobra touch key immobiliser fitted , £250 does the job discreet and Thatcham approved, plus a discloc, that’s your first port of call

RutgerHauer
    Participant

UK - England

Get a dog, we have 2 and if anyone goes on the drive, PIR light gives them an instant suntan then both dogs kick off. I also have a dashcam that triggers to record anything when the light goes on.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Or a gun , if only 👍🤣🙏🏻

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Beefing up security ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!