Black spots

Home Forums Performance General Black spots

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Went in to my boot this afternoon and noticed when I lifted the tailgate i had lots of black spots on it, anyone else had this, it’s not oil as I had it up on a ramp and it’s all bone dry underneath??

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

@crocket81

I get this all the time, comes from the exhausts when popping & banging. A pain to remove but will shift with a bit of elbow grease.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Lee, that’s put my mind at rest

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

It could be tar spots from the road surface. Very common.

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

Jim Mitchell
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Get a set of flaps on the car , but most of the spots are from the exhausts

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

Can you post pictures so we can see what we’re dealing with.

If they just wipe off with normal washing or whether they are stubborn and thick spots…

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Black spots. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!