Blanking pad

Home Forums Performance Cooling Blanking pad

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Willy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi.

has anybody else removed the blanking pad from the intake side of the inter cooler 🤔.
    I believe it’s put on by ford to reduce hot and humid air forming droplets when cooling and thus entering the turbo etc.
    as in Blighty we don’t really suffer from such heat and humidity. Is it needed 🤔🤔

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Glyn, welcome to the forum.

Several posts on this in the past, the summary from memory was no it’s not necessary. It’s a fiddle to remove it and has no real benefits on a standard RS in the UK, you also have to remove the glue from the intercooler which again takes time.

faber
    Participant

France

For my part removing it is useless.
    Especially in the south of France

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rĂ©troviseur + clignotant sĂ©quentielle black / Feu arrières sĂ©quentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgĂ©es avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / VĂ©rins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système tĂ©lĂ©commande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’Ă©changeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumĂ©rotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/Ă©changeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

buz
    Participant

UK - England

I have removed mine after reading various posts saying we don’t require it in Uk. It wasn’t for any performance benefit, even though it must help slightly, I just didn’t like the unsymmetrical look of it. It’s easy to get off, just pull it gently and most of the glue will come with it and hot soapy water and a toothbrush will get the remainder off.

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Glyn hi and welcome đź‘Ť

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

By removing it will increase the efficiency of the intercooler, Air passing though a bigger surface area…. mine fell off, but then Upgraded to ETS intercooler. 🥶

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Mine is removed. Running 9 months with no issues

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Took mine off because thought it looked stupid.

440bhp

443lbft

Willy
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks guys. đź‘Ť

Ca9Phoenix
    Participant

UK - England

Had mine off when the bumper was off to replace the air con condenser (and fit a big mouth intake)

the glue was a pain to get off but no issues since it’s removal.

NB 2017

DSRS induction

Velossatech big mouth

Forge recirculation valve

mountune sound suppression chamber

DS Ultima2+

a few stickers… TBC

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

I just fitted a bigger intercooler 🤔

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Looking good Ian đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Blanking pad. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!