boost gauge RPM

Home Forums General Newbie boost gauge RPM

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

skip1245
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

hey folks

does any one know what rpm will cause the boost gauge to move, so far mine hasn’t moved off zero, but i don’t know if there’s an issue with it or I just haven’t pushed it hard enough.

cheers

Defoe18
    Participant

UK - England

Boost gauge should move as you reach 2000 rpm

skip1245
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

really, i have had it above 2000 rpm, but gauge doesn’t move, only really a superficial thing but it would be nice to see it move

Defoe18
    Participant

UK - England

Does it feel like the turbo is working,you don’t have any air leaks,what if you nail it,should go to around 1.1 bar standard

skip1245
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

i think its working, you put your foot down she pulls off no issue, i have had it above 6000 rpm at stages in 1-2 gear but no movement on gauge

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Does the oil temp and pressure gauges work? If so you either have a boost leak or you need a new guage

It’s not really an RPM, it depends on how hard you have the throttle planted for those lovely exhaust gasses to flow

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

skip1245
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

yes other 2 gauges work fine, i will take it back to garage let them have a look.

cheers

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

The problem with that gauge is that when you rev it up to 7000 rpm your gaze has to be on the road 100%!!! So it’s rather a gadget for your fellow passenger 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Agree Fresk I have not even spotted the shift light come on yet due to looking out front

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

in 12 months and 3300 miles I have never actually looked at the boost gauge while giving it any welly !! got me wondering if mine moves now !   Scenario….. ” well officer, I hit the car in front because I wanted to see if my boost gauge was working so was looking at that instead of the road…”

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

plus I’m normally too busy fighting the veering steering and avoiding central reservations and cars to my left I’m attempting to overtake to even consider having a gander at the boost gauge!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I thought the same until sat in the passenger seat when Fred (Mountune) was driving and then it moved. Either I wasn’t paying attention when driving, or Fred is a better driver. Probably the latter!

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

On the other hand I could occasionally catch a glimpse on the appearing green RS sign for optimal shift point in the central cluster. However, with the Revo map this happens at about 6500 rpm. The speed at these revs, even in second gear, is already criminal on public roads 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to boost gauge RPM. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!