Braided Brake Lines

Home Forums Performance Brakes Braided Brake Lines

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

RPJESSEX
    Participant

UK - England

Afternoon all, I’ve got my second service coming up & am looking for the braided brake lines to be fitted- how much have people paid for these to be fitted? Mountune are quoting 2 hours labour for this at £190, which seems a bit steep especially as they will be accessing those parts anyway during the service to replace the brake fluid.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Reis

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

This is something I have on my to do list, possibly when warranty has expired so another 18months. I will probably do it myself its not a difficult job especially on a fairly new car. Most difficult bit is bleeding the system and making sure none of the fluid get onto the paintwork. Have you any idea what cost of brake lines.?

Coastliner

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Im doing mine but will do myself, as its the only way to ensure fluid is actually changed ?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

I have to agree with you, not convinced they change the fluid even when you pay good money for it.

Coastliner

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner

Witnessed it many times over the years. Fluid sucked out of reservoir, refilled with fresh fluid and bleed screws cracked open to look as if the work had been carried out ?

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Changed mine to braided myself at around 12mths old, so know fluid got changed, then at 2nd service went through usual discussion with main dealer of: brake fluid change will be £50 sir – uh no it won’t as it’s included in service plan- ah yes so it is sir. Who knows if they actually changed it. Plus can’t see how it could be classed as voiding warranty,  brake lines are ford approved, would be like saying warranty is void cos you changed wiper blades for non ford items. Obviously anything changed is at your own risk, just be honest with u insurance company,

RPJESSEX
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks for the replies. In the end I’ve booked in with Rates Ford in Grays who I have used before, will only charge £90 to fit them on top of a service saving me over £130 on the mountune price. Brake lines cost me £77 something with a money off voucher I had a few months back.
    I work in insurance so I always declare every mod- I don’t understand why people don’t as whilst they may save money on premium initially, at claims stage it could cause a whole world of pain & may impact their future premiums severely! Honesty really is the best policy ☺️</p>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Braided Brake Lines. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!