Brake disc splash guard

Home Forums Performance General Brake disc splash guard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Stephen26rs
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Any one notice rear brake disc splash guard falling apart

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Not fall apart but they do rust quickly. Fairly cheap to replace from Rates Ford. May do mine at the same time as the discs and pads come spring

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

2 years in mine were rusted to hell.. take the rear discs off and rear hubs are worse.. being a ford its expected, but also think that some strong wheel cleaning products accelerate it also… If you take your car to a hand wash round here your having a brick acid & fairy wheel clean 🥺

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Turbo-tone i was going to, but did not realise the whole hub has to come off to replace ☹️ Plan is to buy new get them coated good then do it in the summer.

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

yeah, rears are a PITA – fronts just 3 (?) bolts

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Justcos
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve just ordered new parts to replace mine as the originals are so rotten they have fallen apart. Pretty shocking for five years old. I’ll post some before and after shots when I do the job 👍🏻

2017 nitrous blue

Nelly201
    Participant

UK - England

I recently had my pads and discs changed so I replaced the splash guards at the same time as they needed doing.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Why the hell do ford do it on every fast ford , they know that they are performance cars with performance parts engines wheels etc , so why do they use the cheapest crap on the components that hold it together and

parts that supposed to give protection , So we have to fork out a bloody fortune to replace them BARSTARDS .😢😢

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I will have a go at posting a link to Adam Rainy replacing these parts.

Coastliner

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by coastliner.

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

thats a  load of work if you just want to replace the shield, just as bad as my old es cos, does anyone make an aftermarket stainless version? thats what it needs  ideally

dundee
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Yea it is a lot of work and i need mine done also. Have two coming from Rates Ford, probably look at getting them powder coated to see if they last any longer. Also have to buy some of the tools to do it that you wouldn’t normally have.

GlennRS
    Participant

UK - England

Was horrified how bad my rear disc shields were, when I had all four wheels off, pre Ford Fair, to have those refurbished due to the finish on those being crap too!!

Temporary fix of a clean up and a coat of Hammerite!!

GlennRS
    Participant

UK - England

Didn’t look too bad in the end and very pleased with the refurbed wheels….in gloss black!!

Trial fit with one wheel nut, and still on axle stands,… before anyone comments!😉

Nelly201
    Participant

UK - England

Looking good @GlennRS 👍

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Nelly201.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Brake disc splash guard. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!