Bretmd, New Member

Home Forums General Newbie Bretmd, New Member

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Bretmd
    Participant

USA

Hello,

I am US member from Oregon. Just picked up a ‘17 Focus RS.

It is an RS2 trim level. Fully loaded with leather heated seats, navigation, sun roof, backup cam. Stock with 22,000 miles. (35,000km).

Can’t wait to get it to the track this spring! I am in love with this car.

RS Lurker
    Blocked

UK - England

Hello there. ?

Bretmd
    Participant

USA

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Bret, congratulations enjoy and happy RS’ing. Nice pic thanks for sharing.Another one for the White Team

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Bret, thanks for sharing the photo, looks a great RS, enjoy the drive.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Welcome Bret,

Would recomend some mud flaps on that baby – especially if its going on the track.

Any other plans for the car Bret?.

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

Hello Bret!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yer, nice. get some flaps on it innit !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Bretmd
    Participant

USA

It’s got the 100,000 mile/7yr warrantee on it. So I’m really hesitant to modify the performance much. The Mountune intake is on my mind. I really would like to get some OZ racing white rally wheels on it for the track day tires in 18”. Maybe also use those for winter tires as well.

As for mudflaps, I was looking at the Mountune ones, any other suggestions for flaps??

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Bret,

Have a look at the shop on this website for the mudflaps. I have the Rally Armour ones which are great quality and certainly do the job but I would recommend the Rallyflapz Kaylan ones as they look better. They reach higher up the rear arch so they touch the small plastic trim that’s already there and just look better than having a gap as per the Rally Armour ones. I expect you can source them locally at a better price but its worth a look on here and send an enquiry to Kenny regarding shipping.

D.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

as daveRS3 really, but do consider the ‘cheaper’ PVC ones, I prefer them as a bit more to them at 4mm instead of flappy 3mm and what? $100 a set cheaper??? no brainer for me.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Bretmd
    Participant

USA

I appreciate the help. I found the gel RS stickers for the spoiler in the shop, I’m pretty happy finding those!

there are some pvc flaps on eBay with the RS logo. Less than 70$ us shipped. How bad could they be?? I may try them out first before spending a lot more to ship some over the pond.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Bretmd, New Member. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!