Cabin Filter Change

Home Forums Performance General Cabin Filter Change

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

Hey Guys

Has anyone had to change or know how to replace the cabin/pollen filter for the RS ?

Mines got a slight damp smell and was thinking of replacing the cabin/pollen filter and use the Viro one shot for the A/C cleaner.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The smells are normally from the AC. They start off like slight dampness, building up to rotten eggs.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Could try using an air con sanitiser. Think they sell them in halfords. Very easy to use. Just set them off in the car with doors closed and air con running on recirculation mode.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Matt there is a good guide on how to change it on YouTube, it is down in the passenger footwell and slots in across the car.

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks all for the reply ! I’ve been to euro car parts bought a new cabin filter for £13 and installed it after finding out how and it’s very simple.

Also bought a spray can, viro one shot which should help kill any bacteria or bad odour coming from the vents.

adw
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt.  How many miles have you put on yours? I checked my cabin filter the other day after 2500 miles and it’s filthy!

I think it’s causing condensation. no odours

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

I actually picked the car up on Saturday with 8500 miles on the clock, traded in my little fiesta ST-3 but loving the RS already except for the MPG I was averaging between 35-45 MPG in the fiesta compared to my current MPG of 25 in the RS. It might be worth trying to change it. you can get cheap cabin filters online or even euro car parts, they always have some discount code going on.

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

follow this link below to change the cabin filter, its located under the glove box in the passengers footwell. Took me about 5 minutes to replace.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Cabin Filter Change. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!