Cable rubbing paint off

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Cable rubbing paint off

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

So under the bonnet, drivers side, near the bonnet hinge, a cable runs down the hinge and I’ve noticed it rubbing the paint off the inner wing.  I was gonna try to get some touch up on it, but it would just rub off again and would prob look nasty and dodgy anyway. The cable isn’t long enough to re-route it.  So I’m thinking of a strip of thin foam stuck the the area after it’s treated, but then I’m thinking, will the foam hold enough water long time to rot through?  Has anyone treated this area? If so with what?  The foam also in shot is what I may use.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I put a piece of duct tape on the area 5 years ago when mine was new, and another bit on the hinge bit by the clip.. lasted 5 years so far!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

and..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RST350
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yeah I did exactly the same as 71_bda and mine,s also still holding in place .

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

It’s the same on every car. As above just cover the cable and should be fine.

440bhp

443lbft

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

Same as 71-bda and RST350 all good so far.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Wrapped cable plus clear anti-scratch tape to paintwork

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Cable rubbing paint off. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!