Car going into storage

Home Forums Performance General Car going into storage

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

billy3
    Participant

UK - England

Have to put the car away for a few weeks at least.Going into hospital for a operation.

It seems I have a Hernia.Can’t remember what type,but it is near my belly button.I only

went to the doctors on Monday 4th June referred to the hospital.Got a phone call

Tuesday 5th from the hospital.Wednesday 6th got a phone call to go for a pre-op.

Today I got a phone call to say could I go in and have the operation on Tuesday 19th June.

Got to say,I am Sh…… my self.I have never had any issues and I am 58 years young.

I have been told that I can not drive for 4/6 weeks.What a bummer.

Saying that they say it will be 8/12 weeks off work.

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Best wishes mate hope all goes well for you at least you will have something to look foward to getting back in your rs

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Hope all goes well. Remember to leave handbrake off!

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Being where it is (in your core) it will make every movement felt

I had 16 weeks off with a broken collar bone and shoulder blade and was bored stupid!

I hope all goes well for you ?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Good luck with the opp.     I’d get a trickle style battery charger and leave it on.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hope all goes well for you, and a speedy recovery.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

good luck billy, I think I’ve got one now too!! felt it on Bank holiday Monday, but a lower down one, a linguinal one I think. it seems to pop back in when i lie down !! Its either doing squats in the gym or carrying an engine block that did it.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hope it all goes well Billy. Please keep as posted on your progress.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I had two hernia ops in the same area. They cut your tummy muscles and everything for two weeks hurts.

Your man bits turn black ‘n’ blue with bruising, try and loose the colour but keep the swelling lol 🙂

I suggest when toilet seated let gravity do the job, trust me don’t even think about pushing ????? or getting that nervous laugh of anticipation because more you laugh the more it hurts which in turn gives you that nervous laugh.

I was proper sore for 2-3 weeks but after that not so bad but that was 25-30 year ago, so age was on my side.

Good luck all’s going to be fine  ??

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

billy3
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the replies,just scared to death.Always dreaded the day I would need a operation.

I shouldn’t complain,it could have been for something much worse.

The car is going into my mechanic’s garage for the duration so will be well looked after.

It goes in for the HG on the 13th Aug,but I should be well able to drive it by then.

Thanks

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Hope it goes well,probably keyhole surgery.just check the surgeon dosen,t live in a castle.Only joking you will be fine.

Former RS Edition owner

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

You’ll be fine, a gentle daily walk helps rather than laying in bed. I had a inguinal hernia sorted 10 years ago. Was off work for 4 weeks. Was admitted at 9am and out by 12 noon.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

elliott I think thats what Ive got, about 3  inches above and to the right of the squirells.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Car going into storage. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!