Car left for 10 days

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Car left for 10 days

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Julian Wright
    Participant

UK - England

I’m away at sea next week for 10 days. Should the car battery be ok left for this amount of time? I have a ctek mxs7 charger which i bought on advice from this forum, should I use this on the car while away or should it be ok? I know it’s not a long amount of time but I’m unsure if itll be ok.

Julian

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

If your unsure connect up your Ctek.

As these cars get a bit of an electronic wobble if the voltage drops in the battery.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

AndyH
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Julian,

It won’t be a problem. I continually leave mine for up to 14 days, in-between drives, and it has never been an issue.

Andy

2018 Blue Edition

Julian Wright
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Thankyou so much for the advice. I’m asking as I’d have to bring the car home from work then go back again to pick it up after my trip. Not too much of an issue but it’s a bit of a pain for only 10 days.  I’ll risk it this time I think. I left it for only 5 days and the stop start stopped working and I’ve a tracker fitted so not sure if this will drain the battery</p>

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

mines been fine after a 2 week holiday, just open door with the button on the remote. Take it for a good drive the day or the day before you are going to leave it so it gets a full charge. I have the ctek charger but worry about leaving lecky things on for like two weeks unchecked, it does say in the ctek online manual to not leave connected for extended periods. I was thinking of putting mine on a timer so it say charges for 2 or 3 hours a day then is switched off when I go for long holidays

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Julian Wright
    Participant

UK - England

thanks for the advice. I was in contact with smarter chargers and was told I could leave the charger on a trickle charge when I go away. They said it’s ok connected for weeks months even years. Their words exactly itll be getting used for months at a time while I’m away at sea. 

Julian Wright
    Participant

UK - England

Thankyou to all for your advice on this matter. Great group this for me being a new owner and have lots of questions

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Should be fine up to a couple of weeks.

Coastliner

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Safe than sorry plug it in ??

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

My RS is left for 3 weeks every 3 weeks in a long stay car park and never had a single issue!! Not sure about your Tracker drawing current?? The Tracker manual would tell you how much it draws and if it goes into a dormant state when the car has no movement etc.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Julian Wright
    Participant

UK - England

So again thankyou all for your help and advice. If I was to use the ctek mxs 7.0 which I’ve purchased but not used yet. Can it be done in situations with the battery still connected to the car? Is it just as normal red to red black to black then switch it on. Sorry I’m not very tech savvy and my worst fear is going away and damaging the car as theres nobody that can check on it for me while away

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes, but make sure you put red on the battery first, then black, then plug in. when disconnecting its off at mains, unplug, black off first then red. ( make sure in operating manual I have that right!)

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Car left for 10 days. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!