Change from focus ST to RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Change from focus ST to RS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Mike Merralls
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

I’m looking at changing my Focus ST to an RS and have been for a long time! The ST (2015) is a lovely car, but the RS is something that I really want!!!

Has anyone changed from an ST to an RS and is the difference as good as I think it would be?

Thank you

Mike

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Mike, hi and welcome chalk and cheese, you’ll never stop smiling driving the RS it is really that good and special.The ST is good and capable but not so engaging. You  will have to test drive one for a day to see why .”..

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

PS I’m sure I’m not alone in saying

Honorary Member

Gordon RS
    Participant

UK - England

Did the change from ST to RS a couple of years ago,best thing I ever did they are night and day ,totally different beast the RS you won’t regret it

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-features-heroes/ford-focus-rs-mk3–ph-heroes/44064

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

see previous link and this below plus watch Mike Hart on YouTube who takes it round Nurburgring

Had ST3 for a year, debated over mk2 RS then realised what this car was capable of, best decision I made!

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Mike, you will love the RS if you like the ST. I moved from a 2016 ST 3 250 to a late 2016 RS and never looked back. The ST for me was too prone to wheel spin, regardless on what tyres were fitted. Prior to the ST I’d had the Astra VXR GTC and it had a LSD diff. I missed that sure footedness in the ST, to the point where I got rid after only ten months. I had my RS for over three and a half years, so that speaks a thousand words in itself. They are, as has already been said… night and day.

The RS has so much grip it is unbelievable. Great drivers car, loved it.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Not really relevant but I did go from an ST to RS but it was a Mk7 fiesta (MP215).

Honestly, miss the ST as you could wring it’s neck without instantly facing a ban.

That said, after 4.5 years of ownership of the RS, I never regret the decision. The RS is a completely different animal even to the Focus ST. Not only in its specification, feel and driveability but also in its status. Just look at a ST3 cost for the same year RS. There is a reason for the price gap.

NB FPM375

Mike Merralls
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, many thanks for your comments! Sounds like I need to start test driving and work out some funds! Thanks again

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome.

Coastliner

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

A warm welcome to the forum @Mike

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome. I’ve had my RS over 5 yrs now and came from a 2009 ST with the 5 cylinder in it. I’ll be honest I do  miss the engine ( I have considered getting a mk2 RS recently 😅)  but the RS in general is next level. The level of grip is insane and I still look forward to driving it.

Carl Bourke
    Participant

UK - England

Hi 👋 I changed to the dark side last year. It broke my heart to sell the ST, but then I bought the beast and WOW! Everything the ST had but with steroids! And the smile and butterflies I get after a drive out hahahahaha! Just get one it won’t disappoint 👍

Mike Merralls
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, thanks for all your experiences and knowledge. It’s been a while, but pleased to say that I now finally own the RS 2017 version and love it!!!! It really is as good as I hoped! 😝

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

Take a test drive and you’ll be sold I’m sure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Change from focus ST to RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!