Clutch Issue

Home Forums General Newbie Clutch Issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ragdoll2007
    Participant

UK - England

Hello everyone, just joined as hopefully picking up our 2016 plate RS this week, just a little query though, we took it for a test drive and found the clutch pedal had a little bit of play in it, we were assured by the garage that it had all been checked out and was absolutely fine, is this normal? Has anybody else had issues? Thanks ?

Lisa

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Welcome Lisa and congrats on the new car.

When you say play in it do you mean creaky or clicky? Heard a few having those types of issues and most of the time dealer lubricates the nylon bush on the clutch pedal which tends to fix it.

Ragdoll2007
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Kenny ?

No it’s not making a noise at all you have to press the pedal in about an inch before you press the pedal down to change gear if you see what I mean?

Lisa

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Lisa,

That does not sound right. I have driven three RS Focus besides the one I own and all of them the clutch pedal had no slack on pressing it down.

Ragdoll2007
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks, I keep telling the garage and they are adamant it’s all been checked and it’s absolutely fine, will have another try ?

Lisa

Ragdoll2007
    Participant

UK - England

Picked our car up tonight, absolutely love it and clutch is perfectly fine ?

Lisa

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

So pleased Ragdoll, it’s an awesome drive. Hope you have loads of fun driving it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Clutch Issue. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!