Collins Stage 1v2 map experience

Home Forums Performance General Collins Stage 1v2 map experience

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

982rs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi folks,

I didn’t want the thread I posted in another topic to get lost, so thought it might be better to start afresh.
    As the title says, does anyone have a Collins map on their car and if so, how do you find it…..?

Im reluctant to buy something with a Cobb and there’s a dealer near me that will rolling road the car and ‘live’ map it.
    Only heard decent reviews about them, so curious as I’ve not seen many RS owners using Collins.

982rs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Oft….!

Im guessing that no-one uses Collins…🤔
    Don’t know if that’s good bad or indifferent….😂

Jamieandsamcars
    Participant

UK - England

I had a Collins map on my Fiesta ST. I was very good and so was their customer service.

Collins has been around a long time and are good at what they do.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Check out the Collins owners page on Facebook. May be worth asking on there.

I live 20 minutes away from Collins and see plenty of mk3’s with Collins badges and decals so must be some about who use their maps

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

982rs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thanks for the input guys.
    With the amount of Owners who utilise Dreamscience / Devil / Litchfield et all, I’m surprised to see so few on this forum who use Collins.
    I’ve browsed t’interweb and seen positive comments from Mk2 RS owners regarding their  products.
    With all the forum chatter about ‘laggy’ Dreamscience maps and switchable maps via the steering wheel from Devil etc, I just want a map that can be installed, tailored to suit and forget about.
    Maybe I’m a sceptic, but what is the point in having 4 or 5 different maps available to use….?
    Yer right foot controls the delivery of power…..!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@982RS

Switchable maps are great

I think I have 8 slots used from the 12 available

1 is full track mode everything dialled to 10 very un-economical on the road

another is the eco map just runs 4 injectors low boost and 400bhp use this for boring journeys down motorways.

others have different setting for traction control, different power levels, some with pops and bangs some without etc etc.

Plus your Focus RS comes from the factory with 3 maps – Normal Sport and Track.

So their is more to a map than your right foot which basically makes it go or not.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by white-rs2.

982rs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2

I completely understand what you’re saying mate.
    I should have been more descriptive in saying that I don’t require variable map functions for how I drive or what I want.
    I don’t track the car or drive it hard whatsoever.
    I just feel the car needs a bit more punch.
    I think buying the Fmp 375 is a lot for what you get so I’m looking for something different, however may end up just going down that route.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Thinking about it, I’ve had 4 maps or back then they where chips 2x for the Series2 Turbo T3 200bhp & T35 256bhp turbos and 2x maps (chips) for two power levels for the YB Turbo greens and greys. All from Collins good torque & power delivery and quite linear curves for their day👍

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Collins Stage 1v2 map experience. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!