Cyanlabs sync3.0 to 3.4

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Cyanlabs sync3.0 to 3.4

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Anyone bit the bullet and used cyanlabs to update from sync 3 to sync 3.4

Any issues

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Cheers

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’d probably end up doing nuclear warhead launch codes if I tried any of that malarky !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

@davey f

changed mine to 3.4 a while ago using cyanlabs,  I’m no expert , watched a couple of YouTube vids on how to do it, no issues so far, happy I did, looks & works better imo 😁

Gordon RS
    Participant

UK - England

Did mine about 2 years ago and done another RS and a mondeo no problems,also updated mine twice no bother

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks. Downloaded manually onto USB as couldn’t find syn3 installer. Thought I had it sussed with the 3 folders as per cyanlabs website. Started installing 2 mins in then the screen of death (well red) saying couldn’t find one of the maps 1st of 18.

Eventually found syn3 installer and watched lengthy you tube video.

Upgrading from build  3.0 20204 to 3.4 23188 with 05/22 maps and voice updates. Download took 5 hours so will have another crack in a few days.

If unsuccessful then I have no head unit screen so time for getting it replaced.

If it not broke don’t fix it – tried 4 times trying to update F11 maps to F12 – error messages etc. Gave up and gave Cyanlabs a go.

chrisch
    Participant

UK - England

No problems with Cyanlabs here to go from 3.0 to 3.4

The only annoying thing is that it takes ages now to start playing DAB radio stations (takes about 20 seconds to play once you select the favourite). On the plus side, I now get directions by the speedo from Android Auto

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Did you all use the sync3 updater rather than manual

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

I used the Cyanlabs to update from 3.0 to 3.4, took about 25 minutes to update the car, think it took longer to download the files. Android Auto directions in the information cluster is the main reason I updated.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I did some time ago ,no issues , followed Adam Rainey you tube vid

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi,

All now installed via USB after using updater. Now F12 maps

Question – is it best to keep USB with all the files I downloaded to convert from 3.0 to 3.4 in prep for any future sync / map updates or just re format the usb.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Cyanlabs sync3.0 to 3.4. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!