D-Day 75th

Home Forums General Non RS Chat D-Day 75th

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Some of the stories and experiences the old boys are sharing are so poignant it brings a lump to the throat and a tear to the eye.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Agree White, I wish my Father was still here, just to see the celebration. Sadly he passed away 2011. He landed on Sword beach on D Day.

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Those boys were so brave and very modest about their achievements. We owe them so much, thank you.

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

I echo your sentiments gents. They will never be forgotten.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

A Woman rang LBC this morning when I was on my way to work to complain about the commemorations.

She asked why the commonwealth wasn’t represented and why it wasn’t “Inclusive”.

The presenter said there where people from the commonwealth there including Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders and Indians present.

She said “But There where no Black people!”

Had to Laugh…..

This is the Era we live in…. Good grief.

I’d also like to echo the above comments. Never Forget, Never!. I made my kids watch and talked to them about the sacrifice for their lives.

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Watching the ships in the channel yesterday with the Spitfire flying past brought a lump to my throat too.

The sound of that 12c Merlin engine is magical.

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

To do do that so the advancing infantry could progress further…Jesus christ…

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to D-Day 75th. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!