Damaged Forged Alloy

Home Forums Styling Wheels Damaged Forged Alloy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

vaultboydan
    Participant

UK - England

So, somehow I’ve managed to take a tiny chunk out of the black forged alloys. I have no idea how or when but it’s definitely there!

Has anyone else been careless enough  to damage the forged alloys (and is willing to own up to it!) and if so, any good recommendations for a repair?

Thanks all!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Gutted for you, I’ve been lucky so far. Do you have a repair service called Chipsaway, they are supposed to do a good job.

Honorary Member

vaultboydan
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @bobcat. I’ll look them up now and see what they can do. Might post a before / after picture if it goes ahead.

Straggler
    Participant

Germany

If it´s only a tiny chunk I think a dab of black paint would be sufficient.

vaultboydan
    Participant

UK - England

@Straggler – I’d always know it was there though!

marky-markrs
    Participant

UK - England

Iv used chips away on my previous Fords, I can also recommend them. That been said I took out insurance with ford for this MK3 for the alloys and bodywork. Money well spent I think.

Beavis
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I kerbed mine 2 weeks after delivery, I was absolutely spewing. Don’t know where you are in the country but I got mine fixed at a place called Skidz in Falkirk ( central Scotland) . Good as new and only cost £35, I was well chuffed. There will be plenty of places that’ll fix it so you never knew it was there. I also thought about the paint thing but after thinking about it , why spend what we’ve all spent on the cars and scrimp on something that as soon as someone who’s ‘ into ‘ cars looks at they will notice it plus you’ll always know it there. My eyes were drawn to it every time I looked , I had it fixed within 6 days.

vaultboydan
    Participant

UK - England

£50 at Chipsaway and it looks good as new – I literally couldn’t find the repair. Will post some pictures up when it’s not pissing it down outside!

Thanks for the advice as always guys.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@vaultboydan, pleased that you got it sorted?

Honorary Member

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Damaged Forged Alloy. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!