Dashcam maybe?

Home Forums Technology Security Dashcam maybe?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Alright.

Couple of months ago I’ve noticed some door dinks, unusual ones as there like lines of it on the door.

I was wondering if anyone knows if those dashcams that come with a rear camera pick up motion like the main dashcam does when it’s parked up.

I was thinking of putting the rear one at the drivers side window to see if they hit it again when it’s parked up in the car park. I have my suspicions.

Or any other types or cameras I could try.

Cheers

ron71
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi I have the dash cams

I’m sure it’ll pick everything up as long as you have it on alert motion when parked up

You’ll defo catch them at it

Let us know how you got on ie if your up for serious assault

Can help pay your fine

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Noticed that this is one of the questions now on comparison sites. Do you have a dashcam? I do have one but don’t always power it up as its mot permanently fitted. But beware of this because if you say you have one and an incident occurs and there’s not footage the insurance company might be a bit difficult.

Coastliner

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@ron71

Hahah cheers. It’s women though haha. Girl parks her banged up corsa right close to me and her heavy mum (I think it’s her mum) gets out after and it’s the passenger side on my car. I only know Thai because I was late a couple of times and seen her getting out. It’s a wider spot so she thinks she owns it because she always used to park there haha. Their door is already dented at the edge so kinda lines up.

Have you got a rear one though? Was looking to see if that picks up the motion as well.

@coastliner

Never noticed this on comparison sites.

Wouldn’t say I had one unless it was recording haha.

Don’t want to be recording all the time ?

ron71
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Lucky Clearly there annoyed you park there now, they only want the space so jumbo can get out!

I have front and rear doesn’t pick up at the doors would have to position camera near door to make sure you catch them getting out

i wouldn’t be happy about getting my car dented ask my bin man he dented my boot taking the bin to lorry needless to say he had to pay £120 to get it fixed, Long story but you get the drift lol

whereabouts in Scotland are you? I’m in Aberdeen

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I think I would be inclined to look at other parking options because recording it is just the start of an ugly process.

Coastliner

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@ron71

Aye she is haha. I seen her last year she was raging for some reason and just swung her door wide open and hit the car next to her not giving a f. Aye I was thinking of just using the rear one and leaving it at the side window.

I’m in North Ayrshire.

@coastliner

True but I still want them to pay if it’s them who done it. I just hate people who have no regards for other people’s things.

My old car got a few dinks from parking in that car park. I always try and pick an end spot just for I can park up to the kurb and give plenty of space for them. Even though that’s not enough for some people.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Dashcam maybe?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!