Door Protection

Home Forums Styling General Door Protection

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

bingerc123
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All,

Fairly new to posting on here, so apologies if this has been discussed before.

Is there an option for a retrofit on the door protectors?

Cheers

James

Stealth Grey
    Lux pack
    Winter pack
    Sony Audio
    Mud Flaps
    19″ Forged Alloys (black)

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

It can be done but very expensive as all parts need ordering, when compared to the cost when new to add to spec.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome, yes there’s a thread on here.  If I can find it I’ll let you know

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Controversial for some but I reckon these door edge protectors are fantastic. Only paid £85 for them as an option, absolute bargain at that price so if I didn’t have them on a 2nd hand car i’d be happy to pay a few £hundred for them retrofitted.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Agree with @Davers3 if the cost of fitting them is not huge, well worth getting them fitted. Saves the door edges getting damaged by the passengers!!

Welcome to the forum as well. ?

Kati Ton
    Participant

UK - England

You can retrofit them “easily” as the door cards have the cutouts etc. You just need the plunger and associated hardware. Dealer said it’d cost $2800 to get done, waste of money.

kaxe
    Participant

UK - England

Sometimes mine play up and don’t ‘hug’ the door edge and you have to give them a little slap into place but when they work in tight car parks they are really useful!! 🙂

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

if anyone does do this then its very easy,ive done a couple of cars in the past,you can normally buy a complete kit from a breaker for around £200,just make sure it comes with all the large clips that hold the cables in place inside the doors as these are usually missing,shouldnt take more than half hour per door at the most

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Door Protection. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!