Dreamscience and Ghost

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Dreamscience and Ghost

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Im looking at trying the dreamscience imaps but have a question. I recently had my car in at ford and they had trouble connecting to my car through the obd port because of the ghost immobiliser.

Will the handset  from dreamscience have the same problem?

440bhp

443lbft

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Matt. B.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like they will then Matt !   I’ve just given a mate his RS back after having it for 3 days, he has DS 2+ on it, and nothing else. First day I was “wow, why didn’t Ford make it like this from day one?”  loving the urgency and extra poke. Day two I was beginning to notice the flat spot or delay if you suddenly want to give it some and go, its always pausing and thinking about what boost what ignition timing what mixture etc before it makes its mind up and shoots off. Final day I was thinking about if I would want it on mine. I drove some routes I know and found the hesitation down low , maybe in 2nd gear coming out of tight (like 30mph) corners or off roundabouts was kind of annoying. Also found its really a bit “all or nothing” you kind of give it partial throttle and you just want say 70%  but all of a sudden its kicked you in the ass and its sort of too much, you can find yourself sort of making A-B progress in spurts and backoffs instead of a smooth progress. It is fun, but not sure if its a bit too much?  So , gave it back and jumped in my Std one, warmed it up , then in sport mode, the power compared to the DS is def noticeably less, but the std Ford mapping feels like a Rolls Royce in comparison, smooth and more relative between throttle postion and how much power you get ,it also doesnt feel like you’re straining engine mounts and rear diff and all the stuff. The std map is so much nicer for driving normally and also for squirting around from low revs with zero hesitation, but does seem very hollow in the upper midrange where the DS is strong.  So for me, for the use I get out of the car and the roads I get to go on most, I’m keeping it std ( at least for the foreseeable future!)  Be interesting to see what you think once you have it installed, and as you are out in the country a bit more!  Innit.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Darrenharris1
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have ghost and swap back and forth from dreamscience maps to stock with no problems …if you have the supporting mods to run each map the less lag you …ultima +2 is not for a stock car I thinks …personally woundnt run anything higher then there ultima map on stock car …I run ultima 3 with all bolt ons ?</p>

• 🚙

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Darren, I thought that too, I was considering DS a year or so ago, I spoke to the main honcho there about it and he said that DS2+ was def the best and safest most up to date map compared with their other maps and was the one to use with a std car, the pause/hesitation is built in for protection, he did not recommend the race 99 and ultima basic maps. Its the DS3 that they insisted needed a load of mods. I did like the DS2+ but for me round here, ( west London) the std map suits me better at the mo. !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Darrenharris1
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hello bda</p>
    When I first got the imap I messed about with the race 99 ,ultima and +2 for a stock car the ultima map was the best …with less lag .. even confirmed by the missis when going to +2 like you metion theres a big hesitation before boost …when I added the mishimoto induction and the sports cat the hestation was less noticeable….I know the +2 has more safety safe guard features …but for the best setup on a stock car has to be ultima on personal preference

• 🚙

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

The hesitation is the only thing putting me off. I think I’m going to give it a go and if I’m not happy i can always sell it on.

Good to hear it works with ghost.

440bhp

443lbft

Darrenharris1
    Participant

UK - England

Do you have any mods matt or are you stock ?..like I said previous on the ultima map theres only a slight hestation feels alot better on the car where as +2 ..you wait and then Bam! ??

• 🚙

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Just downloaded DS3 ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ooh, you little devil Gareth !! get in there my son !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I have and airtec induction pipe with ssc and recirc valve. Nothing major. Will soon be getting a exhaust also

440bhp

443lbft

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Dreamscience and Ghost. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!