Drive mode select issue

Home Forums General Newbie Drive mode select issue

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Stian Andre Holst
    Participant

Norway

Hi all. After owning a 2017 Mk3 RS since May, I got some issues with drive mode selection as it wouldn’t let me do anything but “Normal” mode. So I bought a Valve Delete plug and yes, all drive modes became available. But now suddenly after about having it 3 weeks, it’s back to not going into anything but “Normal” mode. Even though the Delete plug still is in place. Anyone have an idea of what could be happening? (not that it’s not fantastic fun in regular mode, but I just want to have all it’s beautiful options available :P)

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome šŸ‘

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Have you had any service messages flash up on your dash display ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the ā€œMā€ maps suck

Stian Andre Holst
    Participant

Norway

No, it doesn’t show any warnings on start as it probably should if the plug wasn’t in it’s place. Also no other warnings lately šŸ¤”

Pauly Paul
    Participant

May just be a case of spraying the flap with a bit of WD40 , as you say the delete valve is still plugged in , exhaust may have a bit of build up just a suggestion. šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Stian Andre Holst
    Participant

Norway

Thanks for the response Paul šŸ™ The flap is still open and I thought the Delete plug would keep it open all the time. Is it still moving even when the plug is in? Will anyhow try a good shower of WD40 on it šŸ˜…

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

I had this problem, fixed with a software update at the dealers.

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

I had this in frosty winters when the car was outside.
    The car would be stuck in normal with no possibility to change.
    Driving it 5 mins would unfreeze the whole thing, pull over, turn the engine off, turn it back on and bob is your uncle.
    After doing painstaking research on the bog and reading through forums, I realised I needed a special tool.
    This was way better than taking the car to the dealers.
    I just used a broom stick and shoved it up the pipe and it was fixed every time :).

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NMĀ |Ā Wagner Tuning ā€“ Competition ICĀ |Ā REVO Carbon CAIĀ |Ā 

HJS 200 Cell SportkatĀ |Ā Remus Cat-backĀ |Ā SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake LinesĀ |Ā Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 ā€“ DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

Stian Andre Holst
    Participant

Norway

Haha, I will try the broom stick then ;P Maybe also if I put take the Delete plug out so it flaps a bit again when i open the doors to make the WD40 do it’s magic. Let’s see šŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Drive mode select issue. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!