Electric Car Polisher Kit Suggestions

Home Forums General Suggestions Electric Car Polisher Kit Suggestions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone recommend a decent electric car polisher kit (ideally with all the required pads and consumables etc). I’m looking to get some swirl marks off the mrs’ car paintwork and probably use on the RS too. Definitely use on the door pillars’ gloss black area.

NB FPM375

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@stu-c, I think @coastliner, bought something awhile ago to do the job, hopefully he’ll be along soon and tell us if he did and I remembered correctly.

Honorary Member

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Go over to Detailing World and check out some of the deals on there.  I picked up a DA6 Pro with all pads a few years ago for a very good price.

But yeah you will get all the advice for all DA polishers for all budgets over there…

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

You won’t go wrong with any of the DAS-6 V2 kits on cleanyourcar.co.uk (once they’re back in stock)

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Just had a look at the kits available at a few of the shops I know of and everything is out of stock.

Looks like lots of others had the same idea.

webby
    Participant

UK - England

Take a look at clean+shiny website they’ve got some in stock

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@stu-c The top is what i bought, from slims detailing….. taken me a year ish to progress from van to wife’s car to RS with confidence… JP details is good for reference on youtube.. polish is piss easy, but cutting compound takes a bit of care ?

Ive gone from a one day wonder washer now to almost 3 days to go decontamination, wash, clay, polish & coat ? soooo satisfying tho

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks all,

A few things to take a look at there…

NB FPM375

webby
    Participant

UK - England

@stu-c what ever polisher you go for on the Rs I’d go for Scholl concepts S20 Black on a Scholl concepts purple spider polishing pad ?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Stu, The door pillars are cheese and not east to do. You really need a very small tool for them the best being probably the ibrid nano but it ain’t cheap. Otherwise something like a shinemate from clean your car with the pad kit will do nicely

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shinemate-ep803-rotary-polisher-kit

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Usefull vid, Koch Chemie abrasives highly recommended too.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I got this kit, not cheap but ideal for the DIYer.

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/meguiars/mt320-dual-action-polisher.aspx

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

If from the drop down menu you select kit it comes with polish fine cutting compound and polishing pads. It also comes with a bag, you also need masking tape. I got a real good outcome with very little effort, watched a few video’s on You Tube.

Coastliner

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Coast. I never realised these things were so expensive, or maybe I’m just tight (probably the latter).

NB FPM375

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@stu-c

I had just the same thought process as you, ended up getting the Maguires kit with the backing discs and all you need to get started and its dual action which I am told is a must, I had quite a pronounced mark across the centre bonnet it was quite deep in the lacquer. It was there from purchase but got it out went on to do the whole car and big transformation. Just remember buy cheap buy twice,

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Electric Car Polisher Kit Suggestions. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!