engine failure

Home Forums Performance Engine engine failure

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bigblock
    Participant

Spain

Dear all,

Yesterday I went out to drive arround very nice roads with some friends and while I was at 110 miles per hour sudently the injection was cut and engine failure. I have stopped the car 5 mins and everything  was ok, i thought it was a temperature issue despite of the outside temperature was 1 celcius.

After 10 more miles inside a town and very slow the problem appeard again, engine failure and the engine was shot down.

Today is at ford service but anyone has any idea?

I will attached some pictures from yesterday

bigblock
    Participant

Spain

Dear all,

Some friends told me that they have read in other forums that this is caused because of the rear differential temperature, what do you think? Ford  couldnt give me a convionceble answer.

sedde
    Participant

Greece

Did it say “awd malfunction” ?

bigblock
    Participant

Spain

No it didnt!  just engine failure!  but it is very weird because the ecu didnt save the error!

Scunner
    Participant

United Kingdom

Check your coolant levels. There has been a few head gasket failures recently needing new engines.

crazyjonah
    Participant

UK - England

My car.. 8 months old, 2017 March.

No tracks days, yet. 3100 miles… coolant lose. Call from Ford after master technician inspection.. new engine!

Car was run in correctly, never pushed unless water temp up and oil at 75 degrees …WTF is going on?

o1turbo30v
    Participant

USA

@crazyjonah and bigblock sorry to hear about your cars but unfortunately it’s not uncommon, Ford claims to be working on a fix.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

110mph at 1 degree above freezing?  sounds sensible !!. Ive got frost on the roads  here  and a bit of black ice and its 3c….

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Tina
    Participant

UK - England

My car not quite 12 months old 2017 March just died on 26th Feb, after just over two weeks with the Ford dealer now have confirmed new engine needed! No previous issue, no warning, no idea why ?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Heard of a few engines going now that are not headgasket related.

What happened to yours Tina?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

maybe its the broken piston skirt issue..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to engine failure. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!