Engine Forging.

Home Forums Performance Engine Engine Forging.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Hey everyone, hopefully all getting ready for Christmas. Anyway, After having the dreaded HG fail on its 3rd one, and the price to fix being between £2-3k, the price for forging the engine is only a few grand more (might set up a gofundme page 😉), what recommendations do you guys have who have who have already gone down that route, who did you use, is it pretty much the same parts used whoever does it?

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I’d say it depends which part of the country you are in or want to travel to.  Plus budget/plans for power.  Ie basic vs High power forge.

Me, I’ll go basic and FJRS.  420/440 is plenty for mine.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Had FJRS do mine in July and had zero issues so far after 2k miles.

I was considering Pumabuild (not Pumaspeed) as they do offer a collect and return service but of course this is chargeable.

After a lengthy chat with Fred  and looking at testimonials it was an easy decision for me but Pumabuild did seem good. I’m from Leeds but the distance didn’t bother me as Fred did the 500 mile run in which is boring anyway as have to drive slow and then when I collected it by the time I got back to Leeds I was well on my way to the next 500 before I could boot it again. Train to London then Braintree was about £30 as booked so far in advance and off peak and of course just a single!

If you are close to Devil Developments heard they are good plus one in north west that MSD recommend but can’t remember.

I turned my nightmare and possibly having to sell the car into a positive and thought yep let’s do this and go to 440 one day when paid it off… so it might be best if this is your route speaking to whoever will tune it first, they will see plenty coming in from everywhere…  I know a lot done by FJRS end up at Sabre for example.

If you do start a gofundme page put me down for 50p as every little helps, can I also send my unwanted Xmas presents? 🤣

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

@hitch6472
    might set up a gofundme page

you wouldn’t be the first and it didn’t work out too well for the last guy

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I’m sure FJSR use BW rods (Chinese) these are good for a rated 600hp so bare that in mind for your future power requirements, or if you sell it let them know.
    Or we would be reading in the future my engines built but it’s blown up and it’s only 550hp

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

I’m using BW rods they been around for years no issues on mine.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by pezzar666.

Tomcat19
    Participant

UK - Wales

I had my engine forged 26/03/22  by Gary @collins performance Mahle forged pistons, BW I beam con rods, I know everyone has there preference to performance garages and CP is mine I cannot fault them, my mate had his forged 2weeks ago by Gary , he’s very happy with it👍

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

FJRS use boostline con rods now which I think are made in Ohio?  they did use others but encountered issues.

The other advantage with all this is the fact things like your turbo can be checked at same time without any Labour cost, mine did have some blades that were damaged so I put a refurb one on but of course you could go for a bigger turbo.

The other advantage is the balance shaft delete (these size engines really don’t need it), I noticed the throttle response was better which I put down to no balance shaft being driven by the crack shaft so basically less moving parts to drive and combines with lighter and more precision internals you really can feel the difference.

@Tomcat19
    – yes forgot about to Collins, chatted to them at Ford Fair and were very helpful and nice guys.

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

** that should be crankshaft not crack shaft! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I’m sure my lads mess with my phones predictive text!

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

The balance shaft assembly has been known to let go on some cars with disastrous consequences

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

As Pezzar has posted

Balance shaft assembly has been known to let go this is said to be due to Ford (not proven) using the wrong thread lock. The results just look similar to rod failure hole in block etc.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Some good recommendations here, cheers, I’m in Kent so FJRS would be the obvious choice….I’ve got FPM375 on already, I’m not really wanting to chase big numbers, just thought it made more sense to get it done seeing as though it’s got to get the HG done anyway…and to give a bit more piece of mind.

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve seen the Mountune package and price, what does FJRS charge for the forging?

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

Hitch6472

I’m not really wanting to chase big numbers, just thought it made more sense to get it done seeing as though it’s got to get the HG done

that’s what I said lol

520 horses later and a bucket full of cash!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Engine Forging.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!