Exhaust Valve Flap Issue

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Exhaust Valve Flap Issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tomrobson87
    Participant

UK - England

hi got a 2016 focus rs with mountune v3 exhaust

been having a issue with it lately with the exhaust flap not opening, even when i start the car up it does not seem to open, ive bought 1 of the exhaust delete plugs but the valve just is not opening at all. any ideas?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@tomrobson87

Evening mate!! šŸ‘.

The Valve Delete Plug is not designed to OPEN the Flap!!

Sounds like your Flap is jammed shut!! Itā€™s just corrosion mate!! Mine used to do this a lot!!

The ā€œValve Delete Plugā€ stops any error codes appearing which allows you to still select various Drive Modes!! But you have to remove the Motor (3 x 8mm Bolts I think) Ā and manually open the Flap then refit the Motor and plug in the Delete Plug!!

You can either dismantle the Motor in situ or just remove the left hand tail pipe… which is probably easier mate….

This means your Flap will be constantly open, no biggy but some people donā€™t like this due to the noise on a Cold Start Up!!

I think itā€™s perfectly fine mate!! šŸ‘.

Also…. Ford do a re-programming thing that gets rid of any ā€œDrive Mode Selectā€ issues but doesnā€™t cure the STICKING FLAP issue which in my mind defeats the FUCKEN purpose!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.

There must be 100ā€™s of RSā€™s driving around with the Exhaust Flap jammed shut!! šŸ¤£šŸ˜­ but because the Software has been changed the car thinks everything is fine… šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.

Hope that helps mate..!! šŸ‘.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats,Ā Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&RĀ Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBCĀ Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff BrakeĀ Pads,Ā Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler,Ā Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3,Ā DSC unit.

tomrobson87
    Participant

UK - England

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK3-RS-2-3-Exhaust-Valve-Delete-Blanking-Connector-OEM/333868649655?hash=item4dbc1f4cb7:g:EMYAAOSwe7pehMIs

this is the delete valve i bought, yer the flap doesnt seem to open at all. ive tried starting it up and left ir running and tried on all modes etc nothing?. 2nd valve tailpipe ive had for this exhaust as the other fucked up aswel (mountuen replaced). cant mountune make a valveless tip lol as there crap

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

My advise would be to spray some wd40 or similar down the left hand tail pipe periodically to make sure the flap doesn’t stick.

As brembo said about the software update. I had this carried believing it fixed the problem. Oh no it just covers it up, what was the point in that šŸ˜‚

Subsequently my old motor burnt out so when I got my scorpion and j9 controller I needed a new motor aswell šŸ™ˆ

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

When you install the valve delete plug the flap must be open otherwise it will be permanently shut. As above a good soak in wd 40 and watch Adam Rainey install video on YouTube. Noise is not excessive at all

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Exhaust Valve Flap Issue. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!