Fair price advice

Home Forums Marketplace Cars For Sale (Mk3 Focus RS only) Fair price advice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Looking for some advice please.Ive been offered £26 against a new vw r that’s £36.500. My car is 67 plate nb 3400 miles black forged wheels painted calipers shell seats Sony upgrade door protectors window deflectors back and front 375 mountune kit,Ghost immobiliser 5yr ford warranty.I thought the offer was a bit light how bout you guys? What you think?

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Mdc  £26 pounds is not a lot, do you mean 26k?

Cheers Red

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Remember the new purchase price had VAT on it, so that would account for around 6K ?  Then the depreciation on top.  At the moment the RS is same as any other used car, it looses money soon as you register it and drive off the forecourt.

Why the change?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Probably a fair p/x value, but I’d be wanting a fair chunk of discount on the new one. I would have thought yours would make an easy £29000 private sale ? and then you will be taking a kicking on the Golf’s depreciation in the next 12 months too.. ooh

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

1. @9designs VS is a big factor,wife has had some input.The vs is such a spoiler for otherwise an awesome car.Its always in the back of your mind and can be bloody scary when it happens.Ive pretty much given up on ford.If the vs got fix thinknshe would be a keeper

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@Mdc I’m pretty sure there is something going on behind closed Ford doors regarding this issue. Thats all I can say.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

r5-yyh
    Participant

UK - England

Could be worth calling RS direct and see how much they would buy it off you for??

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I’d call Ford make an appointment to visit and say this isn’t safe or of merchantable standard and they did to fix it or buy it back off you.

Does it still do it with ESC turned off as other have reported.   Can you demonstrate the issue to someone?

You shouldn’t have to take the hit because your car has a fault.   I’d also get the press involved if no success with above.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

@9designs I’ve tried with esc off and I think it was a tad better but not a fix.Had my hopes pinned on the Booth fella but he’s gone missing and I reckon ford are not going to help lord knows they all ready got the HG recall going on costing them a fortune.Cant see them admitting there is another fault I mean they don’t return email or calls or follow ups they are totally ignoring the issue.And to be honest I’m getting to the point where i can’t be arsed with it.VS aside it is THE CAR I always wanted one got one and…..well you know the rest.Thanks for all the reply’s everybody.

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

I accepted £24,750 when I traded mine in about 10 weeks ago. NB, black forged alloys, door guards, exec pack and winter pack, 8,000 miles, 1 year old first service done and recall work completed.

My impression is that £26k is a good trade in value.

Yours Aye

Mark H

PS – fwiw, VS was a major factor in my decision to get rid of my RS.

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

Yardie1
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry what’s this vs issue I keep seeing??

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Tim, seriously, go through the RS chat thread on the subject ?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Maybe he’s impersonating an RS owner!

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

No, to me that wouldnt be enough but it depends on the price of the car you are buying.

If the VW is £36500 list, I would want at least 10% discount depending on what it is and availability (I usually expect 15% discount + if its a run of the mill). Try Carwow or Drive the deal for a comparison price.

I have just last week been given a quote of £26500 for my 17 Plate MG with 6000 miles on We buy Any Car with standard wheels and seats so id give them a try too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fair price advice. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!