Finally run my rs in ?

Home Forums General Newbie Finally run my rs in ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Rs Rick
    Participant

UK - Wales

Omg what a machine the overboost in 3rd is crazy think my 28.2 to the gallon so far will be decimated ?

Rs Rick
    Participant

UK - Wales

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

RS Rick and it just gets better and better, pleased you are having fun. Smiles just keep on coming….

Dave H
    Participant

UK - England

How many miles to run in? Also how high can u rev during this period? just wondering as i pick mine up very soon.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Dave, first 1,000 miles gentle driving and then I took it easy for another 1,000. Opening it up for the odd blast. Important thing is to get the oil hot before you put the turbo on full. Always run it off turbo for the last couple of miles on the way home.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Dave Heather, whatever you do, don’t run it in TOO gentle, you need to vary the load and revs and get a bit of load on it in the first 50 miles so the bores don’t get glazed, so the odd trip to 4000 on part/half throttle through first few gears is fine, no full throttle at all until well after a 1000, then build it up. don’t lug along at 1500rpm in 6th gear either!

RS Rick, it does get more economical as it runs in past 1500-2000 miles even with the odd blat.. First 1000 miles was like 28mpg, then after a 1000 went to 30.3. and now at 30.9 overall,well happy with that.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

how the F do you guys get over 30? barely hit 25 most of the time!

Rs Rick
    Participant

UK - Wales

30.3 wow my 62 plate focus st was only  doing 32.8

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

All I know is the more fun I am having the less miles per tank I get!

Rs Rick
    Participant

UK - Wales

Exactly red leader ?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

RS Rick you are a man after my own heart. ?

Rs Rick
    Participant

UK - Wales

The only problem I’m finding is can’t get out of it even doing the shopping just to have a spin in it ? Mrs thinks it’s great

moose
    Participant

Australia

Give it a burst in track mode if you haven’t yet – it’s awesome. 🙂

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi @Moose, I sure have and if you put the TCS back on the suspension back into normal when in track mode you can drive it on normal roads with the extra benefits of the AWD system in sports mode. Great on a minor bendy roads. Try it and see what you think…..

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

what the handbook says about running in..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Finally run my rs in ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!