Focus Mk4 a bit dull

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Focus Mk4 a bit dull

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

Just back from Fords having looked over a new Mk4 Focus ST Line. A bit disappointed all round. Interior a bit better but still not up to the standard of others that are already out there. In fact it just looked like an elongated Fiesta ST dash. General shape a bit dull and nothing really to get excited about. Didn’t go for a drive but may book one later this month. Was told the ST version about 12 months away and when asked about a RS version he wasn’t even sure if they’d be one. This is not the first time I’ve heard this from people in the know. Maybe rumours and then surprise surprise!!! If/when the RS is released it really has it’s work cut out to make this look the business as the MK3 does.

Every village needs an idiot.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bumble, I must confess I was rather taken with the new Mk4, I also liked the way Fords have done the accessibility to the rear seats. The boot space is much larger (future electric motors maybe). Impressed with the handling too.

Honorary Member

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat Access to rear seats. Boot space. Next you’ll be saying it looks good with a roof rack and some bicycles tied on the back. Must admit looking forward to a a test drive and hope I get a rep that doesn’t get all uptight if giving it a little welly.?

Defoe18
    Participant

UK - England

Bumble b lol and a bike carrier

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Hated the screen sat in the middle of dash ,For an extra £30 they could have made it pop out or blended it in better,But with 19 inch wheels and some body tweeks it could grow on me especialy with 400 bhp,BMW drivers will hate a Focus with 400 bhp.

Former RS Edition owner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Bumble, nearly lost my false teeth you made me laugh so much, gets better with a panoramic roof though ?

Honorary Member

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Let’s the Mk4 can have a towbar option as well?

You need stow bar for taking toy boxes out for boats,bikes and gliders

May the Ford be with you

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Yorkirs, you must have read my mind, i was asking about a tow bar for the caravan ?????

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Andy, I’m used to the screen in the middle the new Fiesta has it ??

Honorary Member

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re test driving a Focus ST? So in the last two years you’ve had a Focus Rs, a Golf R and now you fancy a new Focus. Your pension must be incredible, old fella.

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

@Welsh Bloke – Just might have a test drive to see what it’s like with no real intention of buying one. Quite happy, no very happy, with what I’ve got at the moment. Hope you’re doing OK.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What are you driving at the moment, John? It seems to change quite often.

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

Still got the Golf R and will most probably stay with it as a daily driver. So I’ve just set myself up for a barrage of abuse. Can’t see me going back to an RS as age and health not on my side anymore. This forum doesn’t seem as much fun as it used to be so maybe a change there as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, John. I’m taking the trash out.

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

monkey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Focus Mk4 a bit dull. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!