Focus rs drive mode/awd malfunction mk3

Home Forums Performance General Focus rs drive mode/awd malfunction mk3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Liam1990
    Participant

UK - England

Help me please it’s driving mad Iv got a drive mode not available and a awd malfunction service required messages not the only thing coming up is boost pressure solenoid i have changed them both and still getting the messages some 1 pls advise me what to check next any help would be mega appreciated thanks 2017 focus rs 2.3 nitro blue

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome πŸ‘ First do you you exhaust delete valve fitted? If not spray some WD40 up the left hand side exhaust to release the valve. There will more suggestions from some very helpful people on here πŸ‘

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Liam…. and…. breathe. Ok, just do as Bobbers above suggests. job done. If you can’t hear the flap squeaking/moving after the wd40 pop the 3 nuts off the black cover, note the whirly spring position and free off the flap by hand, fit the spring back on , put lid and 3 nuts back on, then unlock/open doors and its then job done.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I have never had this issue since I swapped the original exhaust for a Milltek. Others are available.

Coastliner

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I had this.
    intermittent at first then permanent.

it was caused by a faulty rear wheel abs sensor wire.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Trouble is when we start messing one thing leads to another, I had drive modes unavailable it was driving me nuts , so took the advice from off others ,&Β got a delete value fitted , happy days no more error messages , but It could be something else not sure , good luck anyway. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Liam

Would recommend getting it checked out by a Ford dealer, they have the kit and expertise and details of known faults to find the fault and cause.

Trouble with a lot of faults given the complexity of vehicles you are never sure if you are seeing the effect of a fault or the actual cause.

Hope you get it sorted quickly

May the Ford be with you

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Liam1990, did you get your problem sorted ?

Honorary Member

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

As Coastliner. Β I’ve never had the problem since having Mountune V3 cat back fitted. Mountune interestingly re-use the OEM valve motor assembly but replace the valve flap as the flap is an integral part of the V3 rear box.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Focus rs drive mode/awd malfunction mk3. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!