Focus RS Edition

Home Forums General Newbie Focus RS Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Mikael Johansson
    Participant

Sweden

I think you should see it in real life before you say it looks like crap. It still pops and sparkles. The wrap doesn’t reduce the sparkles and pops, it just makes it matt… ?

ianrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

I didn’t say it looked crap, I suggested that people should crap on their roofs. Two different things.

Mikael Johansson
    Participant

Sweden

It wasn’t you Ian, it was 71-bda i was thinking of when I wrote my post… ?

ianrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Groovy.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Looks nice and each to their own. Thought for the day:-  you pays your money and makes your choice.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just bought some new flip flops for the beach next year. I want to look after them so I’m keeping them covered up…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

ianrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Have you thought about getting the boxes ceramic coated, BDA? It costs more than the original coating but it’s well worth it.

billy3
    Participant

UK - England

BDA

I think you may have issues to put boxes on your feet to make your point ??.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Ian RS  yes, they are going in for the full ceramic treatment, then ppf, ghost installation and limited slip soles, then put them up in the stock room in the hope they go up in value in 20 years if I don’t use them. innit !

@ Billy 3, no issues here mate, I always wear new shoe like that, and under that carpet are lovely floorboards which I lovingly sanded and varnished back in 2001, I’m keeping them nice for the next owner.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Mikael Johansson
    Participant

Sweden

@71-bda I’ve read your posts earlier and I guess you are a little afraid boy sitting at home hiding behind your keyboard insulting other.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Mikael, please don’t get butt-hurt, all I have ever said is that I like your seats, but apologised that for me I do not like wrapping cars matt, especially when it means covering up a paint job which is meant to look nice shiny and glossy and sparkly. thats my opinion, you can take it or leave it, if you do not wish to have people comment , may be best not to post. or is all you want is people to blow smoke up you and pat you on back ? I do not think 95 kilo is little boy either. We have banter and a laugh on here, we are not all miserable folk with no humour, if you like car forums like that, maybe try a BMW or VW car forum?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

ianrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry, Mikael, but when you post comments, this guy pops into my head. Alles Klar.

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Been to the dealers today to sign on dotted line,car to be delivered tuesday, They have three RS Editions 2 sold and 1 cancelled order,also 5 normal RS focus in white ,blue, black .so still some RS Editions about and lots of normal RS .(i wonder why?)

Former RS Edition owner

thomwithah
    Participant

USA

I’ve been considering this too. My ’18 should be delivered in the next couple weeks, in the US. Would you mind taking some closer high-resolution shots? I’m curious what it might look like on the edges where it makes the transition from matte to the shiny paint. I’m not sure if it would look weird in or tolerable.

I’m also considering just doing the black bits in stealth, and the rest in regular ultimate. Here our mirrors and roof are gloss to begin with.

I definitely will be doing PPF. I’ll be doing it for myself, not for the next guy, or for re-sell. Roads here are horrible, and track days and autocross is rough on paint. For some people paint damage is a badge of honor, but not for me. For me it worrisome, and I need to have it fixed as soon as possible. PPF = greater peace of mind and more time in the car instead of having it in the shop. Properly installed clear PPF is virtually invisible from any more than 30cm away, from my experience. I’ve yet to experience matte.

Would you do matte again? If it was free to change anything, would you?

Maybe you could upload higher resolution pictures elsewhere and link to them? I haven’t seen NB with matte anywhere else.

I will actually be in Sweden soon. Any chance you are near Skåne and willing to let me take a look in person? If so, might just let mine sit until afterwards.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

PPF is defo a worthwhile investment IMO

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Focus RS Edition. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!