Ford and the Lunar landing.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Ford and the Lunar landing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nilagin
    Participant

UK - England

It’s 50yrs today that man first stepped on the moon, but are you aware Ford played a part in it?

https://medium.com/@ford/87d86eb90020

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Fair play ford you assisted getting a man to the moon! But cannot produce a reasonably price hatchback without issues ??

Philco-Ford mission control present day

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I wonder if Ford had anything to do with this building too?….

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Come on lads they did do something right……. once

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

? @bobcat but i can even see rust on that one! Must be another 17 plate, one owner, 12000 mile from new ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes but really Bob, that DFV was really designed and built by two men in a shed ! Keith Duckworth and Mike Costin !! I think Ford gave them a £100 grand to go and build them a winning engine with like 18 months to do it, and they did ! When we actually made stuff in the UK !! To prove his design of the DFV first he put the design of the head onto a 1500 block and called it the FVA ( four valve A) to make sure it would make 200bhp ( because the 3 litre was designed to make 400) and it did, so once proven they started to make the DFV and the first one made 408bhp  straight ‘out of the box’ as it were ! if my memory serves me right.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@GM, yes early development, the heat shield plate lid was replaced after each race ha ha ha

Honorary Member

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

All this and yet they fuck up a simple head gasket replacement…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ford and the Lunar landing.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!