Ford bootliner.

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Ford bootliner.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Adie
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi all, I just thought I would tell you about my experience of ordering a bootliner from Ford to protect the boot of my new RS Focus. When I traded in my mk3 st3 focus I thought i’d save some money and keep the bootliner from it. When i tried to put it in the RS it didn’t fit due the boot not being as deep, hadn’t thought about that.

I went to Ford and ordered a new one using the chassis number, as the car was so new it wasn’t on their system yet using the vehicle registration. Once it arrived I went over to collect it and took the car as it was to be valeted at the same time, to my dismay when I fitted it at the dealership it turned out to be the same as I already had.

The parts advisor then contacted Ford Tech and I then had a wait of a month for an answer, it turns out that they had made a part number error which had not been noticed until now. I was told they would be updating their system and the correct bootliner arrived the next day.

If your thinking about ordering one be careful to stress the shallower boot depth just to be on the safe side.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone.

Ade.

RSRoger
    Participant

Australia

Hi Ade,

I have removed the two piece foam RS filler panels that stores the small compressor , bottle of gunk, tow hook and fuel filler attachment simply to allow more room in the rear luggage area. I have levelled under the floor and reinstalled the carpet panel and then used the boot liner that probably came out of your ST….and hey presto…..I now have a much more useable luggage compartment.

I am on the lookout for a nice Ford Performance bag to store those items removed as well as a first aid kit, emergency water, a few spare cloths.

Give it a go…..see if it works for you.

Cheers Roger Morrison

tichy-cosworth
    Participant

UK - Wales

I’ve got a ford boot liner with no problem with fitting

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Had a choice of two bootliners finis 2039791 and 2048997. One said for use with vehicle with full size spare wheel and the other mini wheel or tyre inflation kit. Doesn’t mention anything about sub woofer. 791 has the higher lip which I was supplied foc with my ST3 with sub woofer but found the lip of the liner overlapped the base of the boot by 1/2 inch. With 997 the lip is much shorter and is flush with the boot so opted for this item. The dealer supplied this foc as a gesture of goodwill for the delay in build along with free 1st service; paint protection and two extra key rings

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ford bootliner.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!