Ford fun RS v Mustang 5.0

Home Forums General Newbie Ford fun RS v Mustang 5.0

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

No Bitchin about which is best- horses for courses as they say, just interesting observations

Just had relative over from the good old USA ( relocated years ago) who must believe we are still running around in Minis I.e Origional proper mini,  so respect hear from me as this was my first car ) he could not believe how quick and refined a standard 345 bhp RS is compared to Americans finest Mustang is, admittedly 91 octane fuel must count as car abuse.

Really impressed with how quiet and direct it was, took real restraint on my part to short shift at 3.5k To 4.0k whilst the good lady settles in. Just completed first 400 miles so in mechanical sympathy mode so far.

Summary a great car, showed him RS v mustang on you tube, well impressed with our side of the pond low key approach to performance?

Just to be clear on their side of the pond a 5.00 mustang makes sense and would be on the shopping list any day of the week as well.

Please don’t make this a which is best rant, it’s a large world with lots of room for choice, so all the better.

Anyway in Uk on our B or C roads the RS grin factor is enough to brighten any day.

Can already smell montune goodies in a few months??

May the Ford be with you

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Nigel,  welcome to the forum, pleased you are enjoying the RS, it is a special car. Please post some photos when you get time. Happy RSing

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yer, and not all Mustangs get parked like this when its wet!!…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

That made me laugh 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ford fun RS v Mustang 5.0. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!