forged wheels

Home Forums Styling Wheels forged wheels

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

tomrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi All,

I am sure that most will agree the paint quality on the forged wheels could have been better. Just curious to find out what others use on their forged wheels to keep them looking good? Cheers Tom

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Im never happy with how i clean them. Can never get them looking good enough. Be interested  to see what people use</p>

440bhp

443lbft

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I coated mine with a Nanolex SI Matte ceramic, makes them easy to clean and I always finish them off with Nanolex Matte Final Finish.    There are a lot of good products out there, Chemical Guys produce an Aerospace wax coating which gets rave reviews, also available in Matte.   It is trial and error until you find a matte product that suits you, I found high gloss detailing products and polishes spoilt the satin wheel finish.  It also depends on how much time and money you want to spend looking after you’re forged alloys.  A regular wash and cleaning routine with a wax will applied is all that is basically needed, it is up too you if you use Swissvax or the cheaper end of the market products but they will basically do the same job.

tomrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

HI Stuart,

Thanks for the information on cleaning materials. Your wheels are certainly looking good in the Photo, so gives me some optimism lol. They are certainly not the easiest wheels I have ever had to look after. But will give your recommendations a go, can’t lose anything (well apart from some more dosh lol). Thanks again, Cheers Tom

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

I gave up on trying to get the standard paint finish to look decent and went the gloss black route..

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Atom-Mac by Bilt Hamber is a worthwhile purchase if you have original pads and discs.  Spray a 5% mixture on your discs after washing and when discs are cold to cut down on the rusting.  Used to really annoy me when you cleaned the wheels and on the first brake application the forged alloys where covered in rust dust off the discs.  Just fitted EBC discs so hopefully there will be less rusting.   Wheels are just coming up to 3 years old so keep on top of the cleaning, they do scratch easily but if they do get bad a good polish or coating will refurb them slightly.  If you get a paint chip or slight kerb damage Halfords Satin black is an excellent touch up pen match.  Good luck !!!!

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

@Chris-RS400 have you got pics of the whole car. Interested to see what that looks like.

440bhp

443lbft

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt. B

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to forged wheels. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!