FUEL ADDITIVE.

Home Forums Performance Fuel FUEL ADDITIVE.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning all.

Is anybody out there using a Fuel Additive or Cleaner on a regular basis and if so which one would you recommend?? I run my RS on Momentum 99 and always have since new. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

No additive add to mine, now had it 2 years plus and running as smooth as a nut on 5 star fuel

Honorary Member

r5-yyh
    Participant

UK - England

I use Redex on every 5 fill ups after Shell V Power just to clean out any crap.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

I use liqui moly injector cleaner every 2-3k miles

ledders747
    Participant

UK - England

Do these products help, always been nervous about addivitves

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

They help a lot.

Psychologically ?

Bet the cat loves them !

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah I’ve always used liqui moly to help clean the intake. Think it was top gear some years ago put an old car on the rollers then after stuck some injector cleaner in let it do its thing then put it back on the rollers and it gained a lot of its power back

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

Does the book say not to use additives?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

for a start, the ‘inlet tract’ does not have anything injected in it, all that goes through it is air and a wee bit of engine blow by oil/fume mix, so if you put anything into the fuel it will only get injected straight into the combustion chamber, its a Direct Injection engine !! if you put any sort of lubricant into the fuel tank, all that will happen is it gets burnt and will possibly add to the carbon build up on the pistons and combustion chamber . If the engine needed anything added to fuel, FORD would have told us ( and they would not build such an engine in the first place !) Octane booster ok maybe if you are running a hot tune and its summer and you cannot be sure your supply of 99 octane pump gas is good!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda

Are you saying it’s pointless to use a petrol cleaner like redex on our cars then?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to FUEL ADDITIVE.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!