Fuel cuts low pressure fuel pump in tank

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Fuel cuts low pressure fuel pump in tank

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

IDlogic
    Participant

Switzerland

Hi, I experience an issue. It cuts of the power while accelerating with throttle flat out. But only when accelerating out of a corner. Feels like some kind of limiter, but no warning lights on the dash or whatoever. Were you able to trace down and solve your issue?

IDlogic
    Participant

Switzerland

That could possibly be a factor yes. Although, in my situation it sometimes does this during tiny 90 degree turns (2nd gear). But when it does, mostly the fuel is near or around 1/4. I was thinking about buying one of these RADIUM fuel-filters. This could result in a better fuel flow? Maybe just enough to solve the issue. It’s worth a try i guess….

IDlogic
    Participant

Switzerland

This morning they did a high and low “fuel pressure test” and all seems to be within the normal/acceptable ranges. I thought that they would do a “old fashioned” pressure test with hoses and all, but hey….
    The mechanic told me that it sounds/looks like a software related issue and might needs to be re-written? My dealer will try and put some pressure on it, so that the “ford performance department”
    might give any attention to this. Did you guys also went to the dealership and officially reported this issue? The more complaints… the higher priority it might be getting
    At this point I must admit that it really starts to annoy me quite a lot! It’s getting to the stage that i’m thinking about…. selling it!

IDlogic
    Participant

Switzerland

Happy days…. yesterday the dealership replaced the fuelpump under waranty and the first the first moment i pushed the throttle i noticed that the car responded completely different than before. The power delivery was way more linear. Normally i experienced a short surg before the boost came in. I did take a couple of corners, where it normally stutters, and no more stuttering at all?! I’m pretty safe to say, let’s say 90%, that it has solved my problem. At least it’s way better than before. Why not 100%? Because currently the tank is full and normally the stuttering gets worse when the fuellevel gets lower. But for now i’m pretty pleased. Fingers crossed… ?

IDlogic
    Participant

Switzerland

Anyone experiencing the same issues?

I got a mk3 2018 special edition and no problem with the HG on this car yet….?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

This forum member is talking to himself or am I missing something?

Coastliner

IDlogic
    Participant

Switzerland

Well kind of, it is about people posting issues in another forum with the same issues with the low pressure fuel tank and I’m trying to find more information and more testimony from RS owners to help and fix this issue !

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

OK, unfortunately I don’t have the information you are seeking.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, he could be talking at cross purposes ???. My guess is fuel metering System needs replacing. But then what do I know ?

Honorary Member

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

What the hell was all that about?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fuel cuts low pressure fuel pump in tank. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!