Getting to know Focus RS Mk 3

Home Forums General Newbie Getting to know Focus RS Mk 3

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Nickby
    Participant

UK - England

Hi

just joined so wanted to say hi and happy to be ‘on board’.

just considering buying 2016 Focus RS, watched loads of utube reviews, some seem to say ride pretty harsh, particularly in sport; as mine would be an everyday car just wondering if this could be a problem.

trying to also get to grips with all the options etc, if it doesn’t have sat nav, does that mean standard, ie average, speakers. Is streaming music from iPhone possible. Is the Mountune option worthwhile?

thanks for any help.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Hi ya, not too harsh ride, great fun puts smile on ya face, sync 3 sat naved up,  sync 2?never had it, options -well what u fancy- shell seats- not for me, heated steering wheel-nice, fpm375 nice , forged wheels nice but prone to blisters , sunroof ect ect

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Welsome along.

Ride is fine as long as you don’t set the suspension to the hardest setting. Mines an everyday driver and suspension is not too harsh.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome @ nick, have a read and enjoy This is 2016

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/brochures/cars/BRO-Focus_RS.pdf

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Now 4 years on and it still makes me grin. The ride is not harsh unless you select sport suspension that setting is best left for the track. Is it going to be your daily drive?

Honorary Member

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Hi nick welcome mate

Everyone should have a bucket list of shit to do before they die, this is on the list

I would imagine the suspension may be an issue if you have moobs, no moobs no problem

buy one and change or upgrade the bits you don’t like, just buy one they’re good fun! ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome ? Track soft dampers is the only way for me, would use hard dampers but theres more holes in the roads round here than a cheese grater ? The RS is all about fun, cheap fun…. if ride and fuel is a i going to be a worry, do you really want a sporty car? Its worth every penny for the feeling you get driving it, even if you get issues to fix the enjoyment outweighs the negatives….. ??

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Hi and welcome Nickby.

If yours’s a daily for commuting I’d consider the installation of the DSC sport controller. Plug and Play 15 min. Even in track mode with hard dampers you won’t lose your fillings. You might contact @9designs directly here in the forum for info.

Cheers, drive safe 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Nickby
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you all, getting good idea of the spec I want, this is for my 65 birthday, it was either the RS or a beige Micra ?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Micra gets my vote …. lol

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Bullesi
    Participant

UK - England

As a recently new RS owner, I’d say the ride is fine. I swapped from an ST to the RS and I’d say the ride was harsher in the ST.
    If it’s a present to yourself, buy it, you won’t regret it!!!
    I’ve had a few “fun” cars over the years, the ST, bmw 335, rover 220 coupe, xr3i, Renault 5 GT Turbo and this beats the lot for putting the biggest F OFF grin on your chops

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Getting to know Focus RS Mk 3. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!